General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCB Brakes

Old 12-22-2015, 04:53 AM
Divemaster
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TCB Brakes

Anybody with any updated experience with the TCB brakes? Also, they are coming out with TCB III. Any info on changes from the original bolts?

Old 12-22-2015, 05:29 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

I don't personally know anyone who would put a fluid accumulator in a pressurized brake line circuit. You could just about accomplish the same thing by putting rubber brake lines on in place of SS lines. In the end, it's just something that reduces the effectiveness of the brake overall to avoid a wheel lock up.

A little training and practice in threshold braking would do the same thing and not alter the bike mechanically. Accumulators aren't new and they aren't prevalent; that tells me something right there. One thing I have wondered when I see "innovations" like this is; what happens in a crash reconstruction where having an altered brake system starts to work against a rider who didn't get stopped in time to prevent a collision? We live in a world where it doesn't matter what the facts are; if someone can introduce an element of doubt it may mean the difference between a settlement and nothing.

Sorry for the rant, I guess that doesn't answer your question and may not be helpful.

Last edited by Campy Roadie; 12-22-2015 at 08:57 AM.
Old 12-22-2015, 12:30 PM
Divemaster
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've read all kinds of differing opinions on this. This is clearly above my pay grade, but your rant, if you will, is opposed by just as many supporting the dynamics of the process. That's why I asked...

Old 12-22-2015, 01:00 PM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

Originally Posted by Divemaster
I've read all kinds of differing opinions on this. This is clearly above my pay grade, but your rant, if you will, is opposed by just as many supporting the dynamics of the process. That's why I asked...
No doubt about it, the guy who makes and sells those is way smarter than me.

I hope someone can give you the intel you're looking for.