General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modular comparison with quick release strap Schuburth, Vega, AGV Numo Evo, LS2 FF386

Old 12-22-2015, 11:34 AM
chevdude
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Modular comparison with quick release strap Schuburth, Vega, AGV Numo Evo, LS2 FF386

Hey guys this is kind of a follow up to my post on quick release straps. Started looking at helmets and actually broke down and bought the women a Schuburth C3 PRO. So I'm still looking for one myself with quick release. I'm really liking the Ero style ratchet strap. The Schuburth didn't fit my head worth a crap, and I didn't want to spend that kind of many anyway. Just got it for the women because she does so much for me.

You guys have any comments on the modular listed above. I like the AVG, but the largest size is a XL and it's a tad on the snug side. The VEGA and LS2 are pretty low cost, but Renegades carries them so I'm going to check out today.

This is for modular with quick release only.

Old 12-22-2015, 12:17 PM
OwnerOfHarriet
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My money is always on the Nolan -- it has a quick release -- and it has a 100 rating through Sharp Testing -- as it has never opened under their testing.

Old 12-22-2015, 12:42 PM
chevdude
Road Captain

Originally Posted by OwnerOfHarriet
My money is always on the Nolan -- it has a quick release -- and it has a 100 rating through Sharp Testing -- as it has never opened under their testing.
N104 looks pretty nice. Hopeful get a chance to try one on today. Never thought I would be researching and learning about anything but a Voss.

Old 12-23-2015, 06:06 AM
sunderhill
Road Master

Received 203 Likes on 90 Posts

I have a LS2 that I bought for cold weather riding a couple years ago.
Living in S/E Texas I don't use it much. (maybe 4 times?)
Ratchet type chin strap is great
Visibility is so-so, like any full face you have to learn to turn your head more vs. using your peripheral vision
Noise is not to bad
Comfort level is good

biggest gripe....it fogs up when stopped. I have tried a couple products to no avail

Old 12-23-2015, 07:02 AM
chevdude
Road Captain

Originally Posted by sunderhill
I have a LS2 that I bought for cold weather riding a couple years ago.
Living in S/E Texas I don't use it much. (maybe 4 times?)
Ratchet type chin strap is great
Visibility is so-so, like any full face you have to learn to turn your head more vs. using your peripheral vision
Noise is not to bad
Comfort level is good

biggest gripe....it fogs up when stopped. I have tried a couple products to no avail
Tried one on yesterday and I was amazed at the comfort and how big they run. Actually just enough gap to side my glasses in with ease. Pretty dam nice for the price. Fits way better then my other two full face. Still wanting to try a higher end helmet like a Nolan N104. I wonder if the anti-fog works on some of the more expansive helmets. I'll probably only use it a few times a year myself, unless I start liking it more.

Old 12-23-2015, 10:09 AM
OwnerOfHarriet
Road Master

I can easily put the Nolan on with my sunglasses already on -- I have both a 102 and a 104. The 104 comes with a pinlock anti fog shield (many high end helmets do) so do a search about the pinlock system.

You need to find one that is comfortable and fits your head shape.

Old 12-23-2015, 10:39 AM
chevdude
Road Captain

I can easily put the Nolan on with my sunglasses already on -- I have both a 102 and a 104. The 104 comes with a pinlock anti fog shield (many high end helmets do) so do a search about the pinlock system.

You need to find one that is comfortable and fits your head shape.

Kind of surprised there are no Nolan dealers close to me. I'm going to wait until I can try one on before making a purchase.

Old 12-23-2015, 12:32 PM
OwnerOfHarriet
Road Master

Cycle Gear used to carry them -- but our local store doesn't.

Call your local BMW Motorcycle store, as many BMW dealers do, ours does but is not listed as a dealer. the BMW dealer in Modesto used to -- haven't been there for a while, the Harley Dealer in Reno had them

just some suggestions

Old 12-23-2015, 12:38 PM
chevdude
Road Captain

Cycle Gear used to carry them -- but our local store doesn't.

Call your local BMW Motorcycle store, as many BMW dealers do, ours does but is not listed as a dealer. the BMW dealer in Modesto used to -- haven't been there for a while, the Harley Dealer in Reno had them

just some suggestions

Actually on my way now to A&S motorsports BMW dealer but I already called they don't sell Nolan. They do have other high end brands. Cycle Gear has only one helmet with a quick release and that was the AVG.

Old 12-23-2015, 03:40 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Just got a Shark Pro Carbon.

Came with a ratchet clasp. Love it.

Easier to use than D rings with gloves on.

Easy to snug down, or loosen, even when on.

Feels really strong.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Modular comparison with quick release strap Schuburth, Vega, AGV Numo Evo, LS2 FF386