General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My thoughts, your thoughts on ordering parts

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 08:23 PM
vipersniper
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My thoughts, your thoughts on ordering parts

I have been ordering harley and aftermarket harley parts for years now (spent alot of $$) and one thing that agrivates me is that companies do not include instructions anymore for installs of parts they sell, It is always that you have to either look on there website or download a pdf file, this is rediculous , I am to old for that bull.... If any of you aftermarket or harley oem sellers/companies see this post if you will include instructions to your products you sell you will do much better on your sales if you include instructions, I know you think we should all be mechanics but we are not and sometimes we do need help so please include instructions and your sales will increase and you will prosper and believe me the word does travel fast in the motorcycle industry and you company will definately sell more if the instructions are included for the installation of your parts, this is just my thoughts but and I am sure members will agree and all members feel free to chime in.
I am just so agrivated with parts I buy and no instructions ((WHAT IS THIS???)
thankyou
VS

Old 01-03-2016, 08:26 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts

Originally Posted by vipersniper
It is always that you have to either look on there website or download a pdf file, this is rediculous , I am to old for that bull....
Well, websites are kind of simple to use, usually . . .

Old 01-03-2016, 08:33 PM
vipersniper
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I do understand but now you have take a tablet, ipad or computer out to the garage look it up, download if needed, read, determine etc for the install just a PTA. what if we do not have wi-fi?, computers? or even have a computer? I am sure they save $$ on printing but its all about sales and I know if a company includes instructions I will buy from them first and if I have to pay a little bit more if I have to.
VS

Old 01-03-2016, 08:59 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts

Well, sometimes parts might require electricity, power tools, or a torque wrench.

Old 01-03-2016, 09:10 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

I know where your coming from - wait for the day where the the only instructions you get look like a partial-assembly-required table from IKEA....

Old 01-03-2016, 09:15 PM
JohnMn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 211 Posts

Yeah, I'm kinda olde school myself,, but I started messing with computers when it was Windows 3.1.
I've no problem finding and printing my own instructions to carry out to the garage.

Old 01-03-2016, 09:40 PM
big papa AZ
Stellar HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 215 Posts

Its here and its the future. My 2014 Ram truck has very little for a owners manual, but a link to a vast wealth of info. I'd rather have a enlargeable pic then some worn out reprint... Paper is sooooo yesterday.

Old 01-03-2016, 10:12 PM
Pass Rider
Road Captain
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnMn
Yeah, I'm kinda olde school myself,, but I started messing with computers when it was Windows 3.1.
I've no problem finding and printing my own instructions to carry out to the garage.
I wish I was your age. A business I was with started me with computers with CP/M on an Osborne portable. First color computer I bought for myself was a VIC-20.

Old 01-03-2016, 11:32 PM
mainboom150
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I didn't make it past your first line.... these dealers etc etc do not intend for you to install things your self or they think your smart enough to have a manual. aaaa the winter crowd

Old 01-04-2016, 01:49 AM
Rocker B
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 210 Posts

So you went on the computer to complain about having to go on the computer????
You are joking.....right???

Quick Reply: My thoughts, your thoughts on ordering parts