General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Narrowed it down to 2. Which is better?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 08:15 AM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 635 Likes on 326 Posts
Default Narrowed it down to 2. Which is better?

So as some of you know im shopping around for a cool Custom fun bike. I have it Narrowed down to 2 right now. 1st one is a ground up Custom built 2009 bobber on a Kraft tech frame, 4th gen 100 inch Revtech engine, 6 speed Ultima trans, BDC open primary with 3 inch belt, Springer front end, spring solo seat, 160 rear wheel. Has front and rear breaks, and is Chromed out to the max, frame and tins are painted gloss black, and it has all the turn signals and lights. Has 2,500 miles.. For $7,900. 2nd bike is a Custom build around all new Harley parts except the frame. It uses a 1200N Nightster engine and transmission, frame is painted like a flat bronze color, tins are painted flat black but with a gold design in the paint, springer front end is painted the flat bronze as well but with chrome springs, Has gold and brass parts through out the bike,spring seat but with old school custom design in the leather, its stripped down and clean with no turn signals, bicycle style handle bars, wheels are thick black spoke style, Back tire is wide fat style but don't know the size as i didn't look at this one in person yet. But its only got rear brakes..Its an amazing looking bike. its $8,500 My description does not do it justice at all. Im really caught between the two. Both are bobbers but two different styles. The plus i see with the Second bike is its All Harley drive train so i could still take it to a Harley dealer to get worked on if i had too. Although i have 2 Custom bike shops by my house. But if i were out of town that would be a plus. But the minus of the second bike is doesn't have turn signals or front breaks and i dont know how that will affect getting the bike inspected yearly and legally riding it. Advantage of the first bike is it has all the signals. Disadvantage might be the Revtech engine although its a gen 4 and both Custom shops i called said the new Revtechs are really good. Its a very tough call. Which one sounds like the better bike??

Old 01-08-2016, 08:29 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

I'd have to toss a coin.

Old 01-08-2016, 08:31 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 614 Likes on 383 Posts

I like springer front ends so I'm going with the custom build. Post photos of the bikes, if possible.

Old 01-08-2016, 08:32 AM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Geoff
I like springer front ends so I'm going with the custom build. Post photos of the bikes, if possible.
They both have Springer front ends.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:52 AM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 247 Posts

Which one do you find yourself thinking about more? Which one makes you turn around and take one last look as you're walking away?

Price is close enough to be a wash. Let emotion handle the choice.

Old 01-08-2016, 10:23 AM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,458 Likes on 755 Posts

The last bike I built was with all HD controls,switches,cables and hoses. The engine was a crate EVO but they are gone now. I felt the off the shelf Harley Stuff was a plus for the new owner when it came time for service.

Old 01-08-2016, 10:45 AM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by sixguns
The last bike I built was with all HD controls,switches,cables and hoses. The engine was a crate EVO but they are gone now. I felt the off the shelf Harley Stuff was a plus for the new owner when it came time for service.
Yeah the second one is Custom but its mainly all Harley and its tittle as a Harley Davidson. He doing 8.5k now but if i dont buy it hes listing it for $12k in the spring. He didnt even have it for sale yet i found out about calling on another bike that he was advertising. Im going to see it so ill gave a better idea after that. But the fact that its a Harley definitely had its benefits.

Old 01-08-2016, 10:53 AM
gotnspikes
Road Warrior
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

To me the 2nd sounds better of the two. The lack of a front brake shouldn't be an issue on inspection, there are a lot of options these days to add signals that look good. some can even be pretty well hidden until they come on. Pictures would have been nice :-)

Old 01-08-2016, 10:58 AM
Mike Lawless
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 324 Posts

So the second one is Sportster based?

Based on your description, I'd be leaning toward the first, even though I like Sportsters

Old 01-08-2016, 11:37 AM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

....... i'd be happy w/just the Road King !

Quick Reply: Narrowed it down to 2. Which is better?