General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ride-on

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 07:35 PM
Joe Dirt 14
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ride-on

I had front tire changed on my ultra limited other day and bought some ride-on to put in it. Heard about the ride-on from members on the forum. Anyway the indy tried to talk me out of putting it in the tire. I think he was trying to relate it to fix a flat or slim. He talked about it being bad on the rim. Guess my question is has anybody ever had any problems with the Ride-on? I had him put it in anyway cause of the good things I heard on the forum about it. What say you?

Old 01-08-2016, 08:06 PM
jmn1960
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

wont hurt the rim , good formula, good stuff been running it for years ,never a problem

mike

Old 01-08-2016, 08:06 PM
Bestrafen
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 519 Likes on 268 Posts

He's wrong.

Old 01-08-2016, 08:12 PM
ILMFBL
Road Warrior
Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

You got it right, he's confusing it with slime. Tell him to go to their web site and he'll see how wrong he is.

Old 01-08-2016, 08:16 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,072 Likes on 2,556 Posts

I've used it in 3 sets of tires. On my this bike, a tech showed me a small nail in my rear tire, maybe 1/8" diameter. He said it wasn't leaking and I told him why...Ride On. He said it must work. And I'll use it in my next set of tires. Plus it helps balance them and get those ugly weights off the rims.

Old 01-08-2016, 11:36 PM
bornindadamnusa
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It just works, as advertized. Some of the best money for protection you can spend on your bike. Been using it for years/many tire changes and would not put a tire on without it. Balances perfectly and will save you should you get anything in your tire up to what they claim it protects against.

Old 01-09-2016, 12:09 AM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Dirt 14
I had front tire changed on my ultra limited other day and bought some ride-on to put in it. Heard about the ride-on from members on the forum. Anyway the indy tried to talk me out of putting it in the tire. I think he was trying to relate it to fix a flat or slim. He talked about it being bad on the rim. Guess my question is has anybody ever had any problems with the Ride-on? I had him put it in anyway cause of the good things I heard on the forum about it. What say you?
Been using it for years, no problems yet.

Old 01-09-2016, 03:04 AM
Tom84FXST
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,477 Likes on 5,455 Posts

Doesn't get on the rim at all.

I would have never used anything like this at all. I modified my bike for a 250 rear tire...None of the bike shops in my area could mount the tire...I went to a place that did nothing but custom wheels...They mounted the tire but had no way to mount a MC wheel on their balancer...I got the ride-on just to balance it ..works great.

Old 01-09-2016, 07:42 AM
bornindadamnusa
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom84FXST
Doesn't get on the rim at all.

I would have never used anything like this at all. I modified my bike for a 250 rear tire...None of the bike shops in my area could mount the tire...I went to a place that did nothing but custom wheels...They mounted the tire but had no way to mount a MC wheel on their balancer...I got the ride-on just to balance it ..works great.

Ride-On_Motorcycle_Tire_Coverage_Area - YouTube
Bad you for posting that. Now the so called know it alls that say (due to lack of experience) that it gets all over the rim will look stupid.

Old 01-09-2016, 08:26 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,220 Likes on 2,467 Posts

well, just to throw one other thing in the works. if you use it, it will void the Dunlop warranty on your tire.

if you like it, use it. just be aware.

Attached Thumbnails ride-on-clipboard.jpg  

Quick Reply: ride-on