General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&S jack- air lift version

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 02:14 PM
WVDevil
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 50 Posts
Question J&S jack- air lift version

Anyone go the extra $ and get the air version? If so, what are the compressor requirements? Worth the extra money or not so much? Thanks! Tom

Old 01-09-2016, 02:20 PM
Boostn
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did when it was on Black Friday sale.

I think its worth it if you already have decent sized air compressor. I actually have shop sized air compressor But looking at it, I doubt you need really big compressor. Don't forget to get the drain pan option.

It can lift it up in pretty good speed. I bought it because I can use it at home and bring it when I am traveling with trailer, my truck has two air compressors bolted onto the frame. So I think it makes sense for me.

Old 01-09-2016, 05:15 PM
Dsm Limited
Received 8,163 Likes on 2,936 Posts

I have the air assisted one as well. I have a shop compressor too, however the jack will raise just fine with minimal air built up. It's my belief that a small compressor will handle it. That being said, you would surely want one with a tank and not just compressor, like a tire filler.

Old 01-09-2016, 05:27 PM
shorelasHD
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,858 Likes on 1,270 Posts

I have three, and even the smallest tank compressor is more than adequate. I think the airlift is worth the extra money, but them I'm getting lazy in my old age, and I use the jacks for storage if I'm not using the bikes for more than a few weeks, so they're on and off.

Work smart, not hard.

Old 01-09-2016, 06:23 PM
WVDevil
Road Warrior

I have a tank compressor, but not a big one. Its 6 gallons, rated 2.6 SCFM. Think that'll run it? I would think it would. I also emailed J&S but not response yet.

Old 01-09-2016, 10:26 PM
Dsm Limited
Received 8,163 Likes on 2,936 Posts

Originally Posted by wreckwriter
I have a tank compressor, but not a big one. Its 6 gallons, rated 2.6 SCFM. Think that'll run it? I would think it would. I also emailed J&S but not response yet.

That will surely raise that jack with no issue

Old 01-10-2016, 03:18 AM
Mxdad
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 456 Likes on 356 Posts

I dont have the air assist J&S just the foot pump version. My guess a small home/shop compressor with a 6-8 gal tank would do the trick. Give them a call, I called them prior to purchasing mine with a couple of questions and they were glad to answer any question. Seemed like nice folks.

I looked at the air assist when I purchased but at $419 vs $549 I just could not justify spending the extra $130. I am sure the air assist is nice but honestly it is so easy to raise with a few pumps of the foot that I did not see it as that big a deal.
My other thoughts were to jack up the bike I have to position the jack, connect air hose and wait a few minutes for my compressor to fill. With the foot pump I just position the jack and pump it with my foot. It really takes little foot pressure at all

Either way you go I can assure you that you will be satisfied with the J&S, it is a great jack and very stable with no tie downs

Old 01-10-2016, 04:29 AM
last12know
Road Master

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default air compressor

I've got the airlift job and s and I use a porter cable pancake 3.5 gallon compressor and it works fine...it's a small malign compressor

Last edited by last12know; 01-10-2016 at 04:30 AM. Reason: phone correction
Old 01-10-2016, 08:10 AM
WVDevil
Road Warrior

Thanks guys! Sounds like it will work. Just gotta talk myself into it now....

Old 01-10-2016, 09:39 AM
JHP
Tourer
Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by wreckwriter
Thanks guys! Sounds like it will work. Just gotta talk myself into it now....
I got the air lift jack in December '15. I think it's well worth the extra $. I've got a 20 gal./1 H.P Craftsman (30 yr. old) compressor and a Porter Cable Pancake compressor that came with a collection of nail/staple guns. Both raise the lift just fine. I'd say you need between 75-100 lbs of pressure, but the smaller the tank, the longer it may take. Go for it, and get the drain pan too, it's worth it. Call and order direct over the phone, you may save some money on shipping, they also offer a "Veterans Discount".

Quick Reply: J&S jack- air lift version