General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kansas City area bikers

Old 01-17-2016, 04:33 PM
Cholo
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Kansas City area bikers

I'm moving to Kansas City in June. Other than the fact that it's 3.5 hours from Northwest Arkansas how's the riding scene up there? I'm coming from Central Texas so I'm spoiled with great weather and the Hill Country right outside my back door but I'm always down to ride new roads and drink beer (Boulevard I guess now) at new places.

Old 01-17-2016, 06:39 PM
Ozark Joe
Road Warrior
Received 89 Likes on 44 Posts

Good Luck with the move. Even though Kc is northwest of me,I can say the weather here is different. As far as I've seen life in Mo is about he same as in Tx. Same cost of living,but may be a bit cheaper in TX than MO. We have just as wide variety in topography but in a smaller state.Climate can vary depending where you go.

I will warn there may be a difference in people. They tend to be more friendlier in the rural areas than in the big cities (KC & STL). So,I will say welcome to Missouri.

Old 01-17-2016, 06:42 PM
Cholo
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Spent some time in St Robert, MO. Definitely not the place to live but I always enjoyed weekend trips to Springfield.

Looks like we'll be living in Lansing, Kansas just northwest of K.C.

Old 01-17-2016, 06:56 PM
01dyna
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2,013 Likes on 655 Posts

Let me start by saying I've lived in mid Missouri most of my life and travel to kc often. From a bikers perspective, there is a lot of good riding close by. A day trip or wknd trip to the lake of the Ozarks can provide a lot of pretty scenery and winding blacktop roads. You don't have to go far though to find good riding. On the flip side, the interstate 70-29-35 road maze kinda sucks. Personally, I use the 435 outer loop to avoid central kc due to the mess. There is much more I could say, feel free to pm me.

Old 01-17-2016, 07:17 PM
Ozark Joe
Road Warrior
Received 89 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Cholo
Spent some time in St Robert, MO. Definitely not the place to live but I always enjoyed weekend trips to Springfield.

Looks like we'll be living in Lansing, Kansas just northwest of K.C.
To close to the base IMO.

Old 01-17-2016, 10:41 PM
203Cree
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

It's decent riding around here. Lansing is right on the edge of things, so heading west takes you out into the country. Flint hills are a couple hours west, Arkansas is like you said, 3 hours south, Lake of the Ozarks is about 2 hrs east. Food is awesome, you will LOVE Boulevard, and the people are nicer and less full of them selves than most Texans. Only downside, main riding season is I'd say March to October. You can usually squeeze in a ride at least once a month, but November to March is sketchy at best.

Old 01-18-2016, 03:35 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 701 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by 203Cree
It's decent riding around here. Lansing is right on the edge of things, so heading west takes you out into the country. Flint hills are a couple hours west, Arkansas is like you said, 3 hours south, Lake of the Ozarks is about 2 hrs east.
You forgot to mention that Omaha is 2 1/2 hours north. Some of the coolest people live in Omaha!

Old 01-18-2016, 12:59 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

Missouri-Helmet
Nebraska-Helmet
Kansas-No Helmet
Colorado- No Helmet
Oklahoma- No Helmet
Arkansas-No Helmet

The following users liked this post:
Vindelascrim (05-23-2018)
Old 01-18-2016, 03:29 PM
jjkrueg
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by OldEnuf2NoBtr
Missouri-Helmet
Nebraska-Helmet
Kansas-No Helmet
Colorado- No Helmet
Oklahoma- No Helmet
Arkansas-No Helmet
Iowa-No helmet

The following users liked this post:
Vindelascrim (05-23-2018)
Old 01-18-2016, 05:01 PM
YammyDrummer
Road Warrior
Received 487 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by Cholo
I'm moving to Kansas City in June. Other than the fact that it's 3.5 hours from Northwest Arkansas how's the riding scene up there? I'm coming from Central Texas so I'm spoiled with great weather and the Hill Country right outside my back door but I'm always down to ride new roads and drink beer (Boulevard I guess now) at new places.
There's lots of good riding in the local area, and plenty of fantastic riding not too far from the city. I'm not a "Bike Night" sorta person, but I believe there are several in the KC Metro that draw in pretty big crowds. I drive by Gail's on the way home and they are packed on bike night. Worth's events got so big they opened an event center. Also a ton of biker friendly bars/restaurants throughout the metro.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Kansas City area bikers