General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NoCo Trickle Charger on Sale at Amazon

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 01:33 AM
DiscoBayJoe
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NoCo Trickle Charger on Sale at Amazon

I purchased this trickle charger a couple months ago for $60 and wanted to get a a few more. I noticed it's currently on sale on amazon for $39.99 with Prime shipping:

Amazon link to NoCo Charger Amazon link to NoCo Charger

If you are shopping around, the current generation unit is the one with the blue Lithium charge mode (pay real close attention to the photo of the lights, the part number is the same). It also has a new recovery/repair mode that I tested on a dead battery and indeed it has brought it back to life.

Going to buy one for every toy in the garage.

Old 01-20-2016, 01:45 PM
jjames
Tourer

Have used the same brand but different model charger on all my bikes, and corvette since 2010. Work great.

Old 01-20-2016, 05:52 PM
Northernproducer
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 388 Likes on 372 Posts

I used to recommend NoCo chargers, but not anymore. Over the last 2 years I bought 8 chargers (mainly G1100's and G3500's). I use them on my bikes, cars and farm equipment. They were very reliable until this last batch of chargers purchased where I have had a G1100 and G3500 fail. Both under warranty, but trying to get customer service to respond for replacement units has been so frustrating, that I have given up on making any future purchases. I will just toss any new failed units and replace them with Deltron units.

Old 01-20-2016, 06:43 PM
YPD485
Stellar HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscoBayJoe
I purchased this trickle charger a couple months ago for $60 and wanted to get a a few more. I noticed it's currently on sale on amazon for $39.99 with Prime shipping:

Amazon link to NoCo Charger

If you are shopping around, the current generation unit is the one with the blue Lithium charge mode (pay real close attention to the photo of the lights, the part number is the same). It also has a new recovery/repair mode that I tested on a dead battery and indeed it has brought it back to life.

Going to buy one for every toy in the garage.
For those that aren't aware, the NOCO units use an oddball type connector that doesn't play well with the stock Harley SAE battery connector. Would probably have to find an adapter if you wanted to use the Harley connector.

Old 01-20-2016, 09:11 PM
Imold
another old guy

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,726 Posts

Thanks for sharing that, I was planning on getting another one - have an older 3500 without the Lithium battery feature. I've had two batteries get into a low charge condition (mower and car) that came back with that charger - took 3 or 4 charging cycles, got better each time, were failing on my Deltron Tender plus (but it's great on good batteries). I just ordered one, might even order another if I like the new model, should have a few more batteries next winter.

The oddball connector doesn't bother me, pull the bike & mower batteries in winter, so only need the clips; use them on the car, too. Use the Battery Tender Plus on the bikes when/if needed in warmer weather.

Old 01-22-2016, 12:07 PM
DiscoBayJoe
Intermediate

Both CTEK and NOCO chargers use their own proprietary disconnects; however, you can get an adapter for $7.04 shipped on amazon prime.

Old 01-22-2016, 01:21 PM
Daninjax
Cruiser

Heck I bought one at Lowe's last fall for about $20. I can't remember the brand but it works great for both my bikes. Comes with the pig-tail connection and alligator clips. It charges, and once fully charged it goes into a 'sleep' mode with a pulsating green light so as not to overcharge.

Old 01-22-2016, 01:29 PM
DiscoBayJoe
Intermediate

I'm a little bummed out. I ordered 4 of these on sale and they just showed up..... as V1's. The photo clearly showed them with the V2 Recovery and Lithium Modes. Going to have to open a ticket with Amazon.

Old 01-23-2016, 03:12 PM
bbs15
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Junk-Junk-Junk-Junk-!!!!!!

Old 01-23-2016, 06:19 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by Daninjax
Heck I bought one at Lowe's last fall for about $20. I can't remember the brand but it works great for both my bikes. Comes with the pig-tail connection and alligator clips. It charges, and once fully charged it goes into a 'sleep' mode with a pulsating green light so as not to overcharge.
Yeah, but those $20 LOWES battery tenders will rutin the new batterys that come in todays Harley Davidson. Fine for old lead acid, but death to glassmatt and other new styles.

Quick Reply: NoCo Trickle Charger on Sale at Amazon