General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I overreacting?

Old 01-21-2016, 07:58 AM
oser51
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I overreacting?

First off this is my first post. I've been lurking around here for the last couple years. I've been the proud owner of a couple Yamaha's my newest being a 2006 roadliner midnight bought brand new in early 2007. Great bike all around. But my heart has always been HD. Fast forward to a couple weeks before Christmas. I hit the pavement going to multiple dealers and found one 70 miles from me willing to give me an invoice deal on a new scooter. Everything went great from start to finish. I'm the proud owner of a 2016 flhxs in vivid black!! My wife was brought into the mix at the last minute to get the interest rate through a local credit union to an acceptable level. The finance manager assured me that my wife would not be on anything to do with the bike other then the credit union side. I walk over to parts to order bars and such and they can't find me in there system. It's under my wife's name!! No biggy. They change it and apologize. I am assured once again that everything HARLEY will be in my name. The week later I get the first email from HOG welcoming my wife to the harley club with links to woman's rider groups!! WTF!! I call the finance manager and explain to him that I've been waiting 41 years for this day and you have ruined it for me. He tells me it will be fixed and will call me back with an update. I'm in there last Friday to pay for the service I had done and to set up winter storage and figured I would check on it. Finance manager isn't in and sales manager has no idea what I'm talking about. I leave my number and politely ask him to figure it out and call me. Yesterday I get home from work and there's 2 packages both addressed to my wife from Harley. First one is all HOG info including ID card with her name and expiration date on it. Second is a picture frame from Harley and the certificate of origin with HER name on it along with a formal thank you letter from the MOCO and dealer. Now I'm livid. I left a message with the finance manager and couldn't get the sales manager on the phone. So my question to you all is where do I go from here?? This is a BIG deal to me. I have been dreaming of this day for years and feel it's been taken from me. The young idiot in me wants to walk into the finance managers office and toss all things I've received on his desk and slap him!! But the father and grandfather in me tells me to relax and it will work itself out. Any help on this is greatly appreciated!!

Sorry for the long winded post. I figured you guys would understand my situation better then anyone.

Thanks

Old 01-21-2016, 08:03 AM
oser51
6th Gear

Also wanted to add that I'm very happy with the dealership as a whole. Great family owned place. Thanks again for any advice.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:10 AM
turbotom1052
Road Master
Received 109 Likes on 79 Posts

who's name is the loan under? My guess is that the whoever borrowed the money gets eventual ownership of the bike.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:11 AM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,667 Likes on 1,660 Posts

In summary, you bought a bike that you can't afford, so much so that you had to bring your wife in for financing on the deal, and are now upset that the picture frame they tossed at you has her name on it.

Ok.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:12 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,934 Likes on 1,111 Posts

"Whizbang Machines" !! Someone puts the data in, (correctly or otherwise), clicks <Enter>, then a process begins that is beyond all control or ability to stop. I feel for you bro but thats just what 2016 is.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:13 AM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

That sucks.
On paper your wife bought a bike it would seem. Is your name anywhere on they paperwork?

Old 01-21-2016, 08:14 AM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,667 Likes on 1,660 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDogIdaho
On paper your wife bought a bike
This.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:22 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,934 Likes on 1,111 Posts

Originally Posted by turbotom1052
who's name is the loan under? My guess is that the whoever borrowed the money gets eventual ownership of the bike.
This was, almost certainly, a "Conditional Sale" whereby the bank owns the vehicle till the loan is paid and they "de-register" their title. The bank could care less whose name is on the registration.

This is why you, or your lending institution, do a "title search" before handing over payment on a used vehicle not bought through a Dealer.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:22 AM
oser51
6th Gear

Wow I knew one of you douchebags would chine in I can't afford a bike. She's on there to save 3% on the loan. I can afford it just fine. To answer the other question, yes my name is on every bit of the paperwork including registration and loan documents. We are co buyers.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:24 AM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Am I overreacting?