General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD- Factory Customization

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 01:54 PM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 635 Likes on 326 Posts
Default HD- Factory Customization

For years a always wanted the option to walk into a dealer and build a bike from the factory the way I want it. I know Harley now has the HD-Factory Customization. How good is it?? Like can I walk into the dealership and say I want a 2016 Dyna Street Bob with any paint that they have available and have it chrome or all blacked out, any accessories I want, and order it with a 110ci engine?

Old 01-24-2016, 02:00 PM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,083 Likes on 2,600 Posts

I think you are limited to what the MoCo offers on their site. I ordered a bike for the wife, but we decided to change out some stuff after it's delivered instead of having the factory do it (seat and bars). Different bikes will have different options from the factory when you order it. The dealer can also do their own "customizing" as well.

Old 01-24-2016, 02:45 PM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by RedNose44
I think you are limited to what the MoCo offers on their site. I ordered a bike for the wife, but we decided to change out some stuff after it's delivered instead of having the factory do it (seat and bars). Different bikes will have different options from the factory when you order it. The dealer can also do their own "customizing" as well.
Yeah a dealer near me Customizes bikes all the time by me and sells them for more. It would be nice if it wasn't too limited tho. Id like the idea of buying a street bob with a 110ci for example from the factory.

Old 01-24-2016, 04:21 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

It's very limited. Street Bob and 1200 C Sportster only. Paint, wheels, bars, seat, mids or forwards, and chrome or black engine. That's about the extent of it.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/conte...omization.html

Old 01-24-2016, 04:34 PM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by craigffb
It's very limited. Street Bob and 1200 C Sportster only. Paint, wheels, bars, seat, mids or forwards, and chrome or black engine. That's about the extent of it.

That sucks. But I do like the new Street Bobs and thought of buying one and then the Dyns S is coming out. Technically a guess if I went the Street Bob route I can always get the 110ci kit installed at the dealer. Although the 103 is plenty really. I'm going to wait till the Dyna S comes out and see it in person to decide.

Old 01-24-2016, 04:36 PM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member

I clicked on your link. Theres an option to change Models and it brings all the bikes up in the build your own section. Looks like you can do it with just about all the bikes.

Old 01-24-2016, 04:55 PM
DanHappy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,419 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Originally Posted by Zakk13
That sucks. But I do like the new Street Bobs and thought of buying one and then the Dyns S is coming out. Technically a guess if I went the Street Bob route I can always get the 110ci kit installed at the dealer. Although the 103 is plenty really. I'm going to wait till the Dyna S comes out and see it in person to decide.
Street Bob with a 110"?? Wow. That would be fun and a real good idea for me to die early. Lolol

Old 01-24-2016, 05:18 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

I clicked on your link. Theres an option to change Models and it brings all the bikes up in the build your own section. Looks like you can do it with just about all the bikes.
If you do a bike other then what I listed, you are just paying the dealer add on HD accessories. It even says you pay the dealer labor fees. Read what it has on the very first page.

If I was in the market for a new Dyna I'd look hard at the Low Rider S. The upgraded suspension, 110, and the fact that's it's the ONLY Dyna you get with cruise would be worth the extra money to me.

Old 01-24-2016, 05:22 PM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member

If you do a bike other then what I listed, you are just paying the dealer add on HD accessories. It even says you pay the dealer labor fees. Read what it has on the very first page.

If I was in the market for a new Dyna I'd look hard at the Low Rider S. The upgraded suspension, 110, and the fact that's it's the ONLY Dyna you get with cruise would be worth the extra money to me.
I agree.. I am looking extremely hard into the Low Rider S, And most likely I will get it. Cant say for sure until its actually on dealer floors tho and see if they mark up the crap out of the price. And I still want to see the color combo in person. But by the looks of it I'm going to like it.

Old 01-24-2016, 05:29 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

I agree.. I am looking extremely hard into the Low Rider S, And most likely I will get it. Cant say for sure until its actually on dealer floors tho and see if they mark up the crap out of the price. And I still want to see the color combo in person. But by the looks of it I'm going to like it.
I know a lot of people are saying their dealer will mark them up. I can tell you the dealer here has a Slim S on the floor right now.....and it's not marked up. I guess some dealers just suck.

As far as the Low Rider S goes, I really like the looks of it. I'd prefer a 180 out back (easy fix at the first tire change), taller bars (low bars make my back hurt), and change out the A/C (just not a fan of that kind) and it would be good.

Quick Reply: HD- Factory Customization