General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 Lowrider 103 HO vs 16.5 Lowrider S 110

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 10:58 AM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 635 Likes on 326 Posts
Default 2016 Lowrider 103 HO vs 16.5 Lowrider S 110

So I have my eye on the new Lowrider S coming out and should hit the showroom floors by mid March. From what I can see so far I really love the bike. I love the blacked out look and pretty much everything they've done to it styling wise. Gotta love the 110 engine on such a light and nimble bike as well. Being excited about the as much as I am I stopped in the Dealership and talked to them about it and looked at the 2016 standard Lowriders they had in stock with the 103 engine. I gotta say its honestly the first time I gave the Lowrider a close look and sat on it. The stock seat on the regular Lowrider is supper comfy without the added piece for short people. I mean my *** just sunk in that soft seat. plus I really loved the Cosmic blue paint with the gold flake. I love bikes that the paint has character and soul that makes for a good conversation piece and great eye candy. So it got me thinking as much as I know I'm going to love the new S coming out it does have some disadvantages compared to the standard model. 1st as much as I like the look of black standard vivid black paint does not hold up that well. It shows even the smallest scratches like crazy. Even brand new bikes on the showroom floor in vivid black are always scratched up a lot of the times. 2nd as cool as that seat looks that comes with it I'm betting its not that comfy and its not 2 up. Getting a 2 up seat plus passenger pegs is more money I would have to throw at it besides the obvious exhaust mods and stuff. Then comparing the engines I don't think there really is a hole lot of difference between the High Output 103 and the 110. Maybe about 12ft lbs of torque .Plus the 103 runs a lot cooler. Don't know if that's really worth an extra $2k? I not saying its not I'm just playing Devils advocate and thinking out loud. I don't know like I said I really liked the Cosmic blue paint and the comfy 2 up seat and set up on the standard Lowrider. But I'm betting the S is going to be sweet and almost 100% my style.. Tough call between the 2.. The Lowrider S does have a lot to offer for the price tho. Besides the bigger engine you got cruise control and better shocks. Plus a clean rear chopped fender with the plate mounted down on the side of the frame. So whats the better deal? Lol

Old 01-28-2016, 01:27 PM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,146 Likes on 6,211 Posts

Actually, it is 116 foot pounds vs 102 foot pounds of torque.

The better deal is a used Low Rider.

Old 01-28-2016, 01:54 PM
rgrmike14
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Zakk13
So I have my eye on the new Lowrider S coming out and should hit the showroom floors by mid March. From what I can see so far I really love the bike. I love the blacked out look and pretty much everything they've done to it styling wise. Gotta love the 110 engine on such a light and nimble bike as well. Being excited about the as much as I am I stopped in the Dealership and talked to them about it and looked at the 2016 standard Lowriders they had in stock with the 103 engine. I gotta say its honestly the first time I gave the Lowrider a close look and sat on it. The stock seat on the regular Lowrider is supper comfy without the added piece for short people. I mean my *** just sunk in that soft seat. plus I really loved the Cosmic blue paint with the gold flake. I love bikes that the paint has character and soul that makes for a good conversation piece and great eye candy. So it got me thinking as much as I know I'm going to love the new S coming out it does have some disadvantages compared to the standard model. 1st as much as I like the look of black standard vivid black paint does not hold up that well. It shows even the smallest scratches like crazy. Even brand new bikes on the showroom floor in vivid black are always scratched up a lot of the times. 2nd as cool as that seat looks that comes with it I'm betting its not that comfy and its not 2 up. Getting a 2 up seat plus passenger pegs is more money I would have to throw at it besides the obvious exhaust mods and stuff. Then comparing the engines I don't think there really is a hole lot of difference between the High Output 103 and the 110. Maybe about 12ft lbs of torque .Plus the 103 runs a lot cooler. Don't know if that's really worth an extra $2k? I not saying its not I'm just playing Devils advocate and thinking out loud. I don't know like I said I really liked the Cosmic blue paint and the comfy 2 up seat and set up on the standard Lowrider. But I'm betting the S is going to be sweet and almost 100% my style.. Tough call between the 2.. The Lowrider S does have a lot to offer for the price tho. Besides the bigger engine you got cruise control and better shocks. Plus a clean rear chopped fender with the plate mounted down on the side of the frame. So whats the better deal? Lol

I've been throwing around the same thoughts/ideas in my head. Last year I thought about purchasing a Low Rider and making it my own. I'm pretty excited about the Dyna S but I'm really curious to see what the dealers around here are going to ask for them. IMHO theres a saturation of HD bikes out there and I know sales are hurting so perhaps in a year or so the dealers here will be willing to play ball. I always heard how well used HD hold their value but I'm not sure how true that is. The dealer offering me 10,500 on trade for my 2013 Softail Slim. 3K, exhaust, carline bars, etc. I think they're asking 18K for the new ones in my area. The bikes on craigslist aren't moving at all and I see the same ones week after week. So that being said I wouldn't buy the Dyna S unless I could get it for a really good price. I think the S will drive down the price of the Dyna line as a whole. IMHO the only way I would get the Dyna S is if I had to have cruise. I'll admit I really really want cruise control. I think you'd be better off getting a Low Rider in the paint scheme you want and sending it off to get powder coated. 103 or 110...they're both slow so to me it's kinda null and void. Both are going to run lean from the factory so your'e going to have to do exhaust to both so no real advantage there.

Again I still really like the Dyna S but I wouldn't purchase one unless I can get it for about 15.5 or 16K plus tax. Thats including all the dealer BS fees etc. Sadly that's what they want for the regular Low Rider in my area so I see it being more along the lines of 18-19K in my neck of the woods.

Old 01-28-2016, 02:35 PM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by rgrmike14
I've been throwing around the same thoughts/ideas in my head. Last year I thought about purchasing a Low Rider and making it my own. I'm pretty excited about the Dyna S but I'm really curious to see what the dealers around here are going to ask for them. IMHO theres a saturation of HD bikes out there and I know sales are hurting so perhaps in a year or so the dealers here will be willing to play ball. I always heard how well used HD hold their value but I'm not sure how true that is. The dealer offering me 10,500 on trade for my 2013 Softail Slim. 3K, exhaust, carline bars, etc. I think they're asking 18K for the new ones in my area. The bikes on craigslist aren't moving at all and I see the same ones week after week. So that being said I wouldn't buy the Dyna S unless I could get it for a really good price. I think the S will drive down the price of the Dyna line as a whole. IMHO the only way I would get the Dyna S is if I had to have cruise. I'll admit I really really want cruise control. I think you'd be better off getting a Low Rider in the paint scheme you want and sending it off to get powder coated. 103 or 110...they're both slow so to me it's kinda null and void. Both are going to run lean from the factory so your'e going to have to do exhaust to both so no real advantage there.

Again I still really like the Dyna S but I wouldn't purchase one unless I can get it for about 15.5 or 16K plus tax. Thats including all the dealer BS fees etc. Sadly that's what they want for the regular Low Rider in my area so I see it being more along the lines of 18-19K in my neck of the woods.
Honestly I don't think waiting for a used Dyna S is an option. From what ive seen and talked with the dealers there going to be a huge hit and not easy to get a hold of. The manager at the dealership is even ordering one for himself. Bikes like that typically are hard to find used. As of now the dealers I spoke with have no intentions on jacking up the price behond MSRP except for the freight and set up and sales tax. I already got a quote from one dealer at $17k OTD which I would be ok with if I go that route. Well see what I decide and how I like the bike in person but the 103HO Lowrider is a maybe for me as well because I really like the stock seat and 2 up set up on it, nicer paint on the tins and cheaper price. Well see..

Old 01-28-2016, 02:49 PM
rgrmike14
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Honestly I don't think waiting for a used Dyna S is an option. From what ive seen and talked with the dealers there going to be a huge hit and not easy to get a hold of. The manager at the dealership is even ordering one for himself. Bikes like that typically are hard to find used. As of now the dealers I spoke with have no intentions on jacking up the price behond MSRP except for the freight and set up and sales tax. I already got a quote from one dealer at $17k OTD which I would be ok with if I go that route. Well see what I decide and how I like the bike in person but the 103HO Lowrider is a maybe for me as well because I really like the stock seat and 2 up set up on it, nicer paint on the tins and cheaper price. Well see..
I'd still like it to be a little cheaper than 17K OTD but it's not a horrible price. I get tired of hearing about freight and set up and all that crap. I just need to shop around and find a dealer that I really like I guess. I wish the MOCO would start offering the bikes set up and ready to go for bags and an exhaust system that actually runs. I'd be half tempted to keep the stock exhaust on the Dyna S but every Harley guy I talk to acts like they run to lean and you'll damage your engine. Damned if you do damned if you don't. They should've put the VROD engine in the Dyna S!

Old 01-28-2016, 06:23 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

As a Fatboy S owner I have to repeat often, the 110 ci engine is NOT any hotter than my previous 103 Heritage. My 02 Springer with the 88ci motor runs much hotter. I do use Captain Itch crotch coolers but I did anyway on my Heritage.

Yes the acceleration is noticeable over the 103. I have not ridden the HO 103 this year so I can't compare to that motor.

Old 01-28-2016, 07:05 PM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by uklauren
As a Fatboy S owner I have to repeat often, the 110 ci engine is NOT any hotter than my previous 103 Heritage. My 02 Springer with the 88ci motor runs much hotter. I do use Captain Itch crotch coolers but I did anyway on my Heritage.

Yes the acceleration is noticeable over the 103. I have not ridden the HO 103 this year so I can't compare to that motor.
I'm not ******* the 110 but it runs Hot in my CVO RoadKing. A lot Hotter then my 96" in any of my previous bikes and hotter then the 103 that was in my Fatboy Lo. You can feel it on your legs a lot more then any other Harley engine ive had. Obviously ripping the cats and head pipes off and getting a tune and increasing fuel cools it down by a lot. But I'm talking stock for stock its hotter..

Old 01-28-2016, 07:46 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

I'm not ******* the 110 but it runs Hot in my CVO RoadKing. A lot Hotter then my 96" in any of my previous bikes and hotter then the 103 that was in my Fatboy Lo. You can feel it on your legs a lot more then any other Harley engine ive had. Obviously ripping the cats and head pipes off and getting a tune and increasing fuel cools it down by a lot. But I'm talking stock for stock its hotter..

Well I didn't notice it when the bike was stock for 1500 miles and that was September in S Florida. I now have a V & H system. I don't think my memory is too bad yet

Old 01-28-2016, 08:05 PM
jgos929
Road Warrior
Received 219 Likes on 87 Posts

You still haven't painted the frame on that LedSled yet?

Old 01-28-2016, 08:18 PM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by jgos929
You still haven't painted the frame on that LedSled yet?
Didnt know i was supposed too? Lol. I think it looks good like that.

Quick Reply: 2016 Lowrider 103 HO vs 16.5 Lowrider S 110