General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone lost the urge to ride?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 02:36 PM
keeferfish
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone lost the urge to ride?

Ok bash away but I'm serious. Without a long story I was never one for long road trips but loved to take off for the day county riding two lane highways. I just don't feel it anymore???

Owned two different Harley's over the last seven or so years so does the feeling come back? Still love the dirt bike.

Old 01-30-2016, 02:42 PM
AUTOT3K
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what dont you feel anymore? Like you lost the ambition to go, or you're just bored on the highway?

Old 01-30-2016, 02:42 PM
keeferfish
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ambition to go.

Old 01-30-2016, 02:45 PM
AUTOT3K
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by keeferfish
Ambition to go.
are you hitting the same roads over and over? that'd definitely get a little boring.
other crap going on in life that ruins everything else? ie depression...

Old 01-30-2016, 02:59 PM
martin10
Road Warrior
Received 504 Likes on 327 Posts

Not at all. But I am getting older so my distances are decreasing. Things start to hurt more and sooner.

Old 01-30-2016, 03:02 PM
TSheff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,344 Likes on 1,550 Posts

I've been riding all my life and I find occasionally I walk out and just change my mind. I've been sick for a few weeks and got out today and really felt renewed.

Outside of medical or other issues if you just have trouble getting going, that comes and goes. If you go for a run on a beautiful day and don't feel better when you get back, perhaps the desire has passed. If your bike is paid for, keep it around and give it a chance, if it's not sell it.
After it's gone you will either miss it or not and that will tell the "Rest of the Story".

Hope all is well....

Old 01-30-2016, 03:05 PM
Rickl
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

If your not feeling it anymore I suggest a one to two week ride. Put on some serious miles and that will get the juices flowing. I'm 62 and I know that the more miles I put on the more I want ride. YMMV

Old 01-30-2016, 03:05 PM
sucherman
Club Member
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Same old routes does it for me too. Longer rides are better when I can take a road less traveled. Short rides are usually most frustrating when dealing with traffic so if I go I tend to go for at least the day. Depression usually makes me want to ride as opposed to sitting around stewing. At my house I'm called PTSDennis, so I Know what depression is and can do. I can usually out distance it but it catches up before I can fill up sometimes.

Old 01-30-2016, 03:14 PM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,667 Likes on 1,660 Posts

In all the years I've been riding, I've never had any desire to ride for its own sake. I ride because I want to get somewhere and the bike is the most pleasant way of doing so. The idea of heading out and going in a big, 100 mile circle does nothing for me.

Old 01-30-2016, 03:16 PM
TSheff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,344 Likes on 1,550 Posts

Originally Posted by sucherman
I Know what depression is and can do. I can usually out distance it but it catches up before I can fill up sometimes.
True that, but you know it hits different at times. Been through spells where I didn't want to leave the house and then where I just didn't want to stick around. Depression is another animal to each.

I wish everyone the best with whatever Demons they battle, yea even the guys you think have it made have some.

The road can be good medicine, but never be ashamed if the real Meds are needed.

Quick Reply: Anyone lost the urge to ride?