General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I like stuff that's CooL

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 02:05 AM
Kevin714
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,801 Likes on 758 Posts
Default I like stuff that's CooL

I always used a thumb drive plugged into the USB port to listen to tunes on my bike...2014 SG with the 4.3 stereo.

Was kinda bummed about not having the navigation system. Was just out messing around with my phone blue toothed to my bike, and found out I can also play the mass amount of tunes I have on it. All the functions work the same as the thumb drive. Found out the navigation on my phone also works. It cuts into the tunes to tell me when to make a turn.

I'm guessing everyone already knew this, but I never cared enough to try until tonight. This will come in most handy.

I called my house phone from my cell hooked to the bike...it worked too. When I answered it out in the garage I could hear it loud and clear thru the speakers, got no mic so I guess that's out. I can't see a reason I'd ever want to make a call thru my bike anyhow.

Old 02-02-2016, 04:20 AM
LoneWoolf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 486 Posts

To even think about phone service, navigation, and mass amounts of music storage on your cellular phone just may move you out of the "cool" into the "geek" category.

Consider renaming the thread. "I like stuff that's Geek".

Is that your bike in the signature photo? I'm a little surprised, as that is a cool bike.

Last edited by LoneWoolf; 02-02-2016 at 04:22 AM.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:37 AM
AJSHOVEL
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,438 Likes on 4,132 Posts

Originally Posted by LoneWoolf
Consider renaming the thread.

+1, lol. I thought I was gonna see pics of a barebones chopped knucklehead or similar. I like "cool" stuff too.

Old 02-02-2016, 08:24 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

When I bought the Limited they wanted to show me how to sync the phone with the bike. I declined. I never want to make or more importantly receive a phone call from my bike. Being disconnected is cool to me.

Old 02-02-2016, 08:26 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Cool...

Old 02-02-2016, 08:57 AM
hdbob2006
Stellar HDF Member
Received 419 Likes on 297 Posts

One guys 'cool' is another guys 'meh'...

Old 02-02-2016, 09:43 AM
Kevin714
Stellar HDF Member

To even think about phone service, navigation, and mass amounts of music storage on your cellular phone just may move you out of the "cool" into the "geek" category.

Consider renaming the thread. "I like stuff that's Geek".

Is that your bike in the signature photo? I'm a little surprised, as that is a cool bike.
Yep, that's my bike. It's way cooler now then when I took that pic. Still looks the same thou, except for the header pipes.

Calling me a Geek...I had a breaking bad flip phone until a little over a year ago.

Having navigation is CooL.

Old 02-02-2016, 10:03 AM
LoneWoolf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin714
Yep, that's my bike. It's way cooler now then when I took that pic. Still looks the same thou, except for the header pipes.

Calling me a Geek...I had a breaking bad flip phone until a little over a year ago.

Beautiful cool bike.

Any cell phone on a bike is not cool. Cool is going out for a ride and not having any connectivity. Just you, and the bike. That is cool. Adding a hot chick on the back is Very cool. A hot chick that doesn't mind leaving her cell phone home when you go for a ride is Mega-Cool.

Navigation is not cool, sorry. It suggests that you give a chit where you are, where you were, or where your going. All of those are un-cool.

Next thing you'll be telling me is that you wear a multifunction watch, so that you can calculate the amount of tip you leave at the dinner. Very un-cool to wear a watch, have a clock on the bike, or as previously said, carry a cell phone with a clock.

You live in Palm Coast. Nobody there is under 80 so I'm very surprised that you think all that junk is cool. Come on grandpa catch up.

Old 02-02-2016, 10:15 AM
Kevin714
Stellar HDF Member

Beautiful cool bike.

Any cell phone on a bike is not cool. Cool is going out for a ride and not having any connectivity. Just you, and the bike. That is cool. Adding a hot chick on the back is Very cool. A hot chick that doesn't mind leaving her cell phone home when you go for a ride is Mega-Cool.

Navigation is not cool, sorry. It suggests that you give a chit where you are, where you were, or where your going. All of those are un-cool.

Next thing you'll be telling me is that you wear a multifunction watch, so that you can calculate the amount of tip you leave at the dinner. Very un-cool to wear a watch, have a clock on the bike, or as previously said, carry a cell phone with a clock.

You live in Palm Coast. Nobody there is under 80 so I'm very surprised that you think all that junk is cool. Come on grandpa catch up.
Don't make me be mean to you! I aint even 60 yet! You''re kinda right about Palm Coast thou, people talk funny here too.

Not all my rides are pleasure rides, navigation is cooler than having to tape directions to your tank, which is useless when its pouring rain.

Old 02-02-2016, 10:35 AM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,096 Likes on 1,635 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin714

I still use an old flip phone by choice...and a block on text messages too.

I'm just a grumpy old man...which is just fine with me.

Quick Reply: I like stuff that's CooL