General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fairing For Heritage

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 08:18 PM
Cal516
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fairing For Heritage

I have a question. Has anyone bought a detachable fairing for their heritage? Is there such a a thing or is it a bolt on project? I recently bought a 2015 heritage classic. With the purchase service plan I get a rental when the bike is in service. I rented a street glide (big mistake). Now I am kicking myself in the tail for not giving it a chance (I wasn't a fairing fan). After the ride on the street glide I was hooked and even tried to trade my heritage in that day. Unfortunately, it is not really an option without taking a pretty good hit money wise. Anyway, I had heard about guys putting on a fairing for trips etc so I thought I would look into it. I just wanted to see if anyway had any recommendations from vendors, suppliers etc..... The good, the bad and the ugly of doing it or if I should just trade up and take the hit.

Old 02-02-2016, 08:28 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts
Old 02-02-2016, 09:43 PM
amkaos
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

The fairing is the only important difference for you?
I've never ridden a touring bike.. I don't care bout speakers on my bike either.
So I don't really get it

Old 02-02-2016, 09:47 PM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,139 Likes on 6,210 Posts

You can get a basic fairing for wind protection, you can get one with navigation etc., you can get pretty much whatever your wallet can support

Two very popular fairings are Memphis Shades and Dragon Fly

You also might to check out bagger tail's website to further lighten your wallet lol.

Old 02-03-2016, 07:01 AM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,145 Likes on 5,592 Posts

Those bolt on fairings can get pretty expensive and I believe even if you put one on your Heritage it still wont be as nice as the Street Glide. You may as well take the hit and buy the SG unless it was a huge price difference between the cost of the fairing and the loss on the trade in.

Old 02-03-2016, 08:08 AM
wb0zrd
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

I rode a Heritage for 4 years and looked into a fairing for it. To buy the fairing, get it painted to match the rest of the bike and equip it the way I wanted was more than I was willing to invest. I'd have been better off to trade and buy a bike with one...I rode the Heritage for several years and then traded up to an Ultra Limited. The Heritage was a great bike, like the Ultra even more!

Cheers,
Paul in Colorado

Old 02-03-2016, 12:03 PM
Cal516
Intermediate

Originally Posted by amkaos
The fairing is the only important difference for you?
I've never ridden a touring bike.. I don't care bout speakers on my bike either.
So I don't really get it
The ride on the Street Glide was so smooth and comfortable that I regretted not getting it. I am with you about the speakers and all. I was asking to see if guys had added a fairing to their bike or not and whether it was worth it or would it be more advantageous to just trade up.

Old 02-03-2016, 12:05 PM
Cal516
Intermediate

Thanks for all the replies. A couple of you answered what I was on the fence about and that is whether the ride would be comparable or not with the street glide.

Old 02-03-2016, 12:08 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts

Originally Posted by Cal516
Thanks for all the replies. A couple of you answered what I was on the fence about and that is whether the ride would be comparable or not with the street glide.
Yeah . . . long story short, not even close. You would simply have a Heritage with an aftermarket fairing. Still a completely different ride.

Old 02-03-2016, 12:47 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Mistakes always cost you. The bigger the mistake the higher the cost. You live and you hopefully learn. That is why I always encourage friends and family to put the time into researching whatever they are looking to buy so that they won't have regrets later. The Softails are for those who want a modern classic with the only counterbalanced (no shake and break) air cooled engine Harley makes. The tourers are of course going to be designed for more comfort because their owners "plan" to do a lot of long trips.

Last edited by Tailsfrommycrib; 02-03-2016 at 01:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Fairing For Heritage