General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Needing to vent - Cycleshells (yeah, it's winter)

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 01:43 PM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 247 Posts
Default Needing to vent - Cycleshells (yeah, it's winter)

Placed an order for two Cycleshells from Mark in CO. When I placed the order, they told me they were out 3-4 weeks for production, then 5-7 days to ship. Stupid me - I assumed that would mean 4-5 weeks until I received my order.

Well, that was on December 18th. Which takes it to 7 weeks tomorrow. After several emails, I finally get a reply that basically says, "Sorry, we're behind in production. Suppliers are behind. Death in the family. Production issues."

If he suffered a death in the family, and I have no reason to believe he didn't - that's understandable...but you have email addresses for your customers, do you not? A quick email blast takes what, 10-15 minutes, tops? Subsequent emails get delayed responses, and now they're saying they hope to ship in another few weeks. WTF...

I'd cancel, but the worst of our winter here is over and I've heard really good things about this product. But after the multiple delays, I dug a little deeper and found out that this has been a problem for these guys since at least 2012. Shame on me for not doing my due diligence.

So if you want to order a cover from them, be aware that whatever delivery time they quote you is probably pure fiction. At least that's my experience.

Old 02-06-2016, 12:50 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,186 Likes on 2,454 Posts

Originally Posted by UUNetBill
I'd cancel, but the worst of our winter here is over and I've heard really good things about this product. But after the multiple delays, I dug a little deeper and found out that this has been a problem for these guys since at least 2012. Shame on me for not doing my due diligence.
if the worst of your winter is over and you've made it this far, sounds like even more reason to cancel.

Old 02-06-2016, 12:54 PM
Michael Psycle
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,964 Likes on 1,411 Posts

Personally I would not do any more business with a company that treated the customers that way. If it were my company, I would have made sure that each customer knew there would be a delay and why. I was self employed for most of my adult life and part of the reason I was able to succeed was the way I treated my clients.

Old 02-06-2016, 02:11 PM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 20,250 Likes on 6,546 Posts

Lot's of small businesses go out of business but seldom do we find out why. I'm a small business owner and when I go to Sturgis or anywhere else on vacation I update my website, craigslist add and I post a sign in the store window. I make sure all orders are shipped or in the hands of walk in customers. If you don't take care of your customers they'll go elsewhere in a heartbeat especially today with the ease of the internet.

Old 02-12-2016, 09:27 AM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 247 Posts

Well, finally got an email from Mark at Cycleshell yesterday. My shells shipped. When I ordered, they said 3-4 weeks out. Well, yesterday was one day short of eight weeks. Eight. And no communication other than sporadic replies to email I initiated. Wow.

And we'll see about the shipping - I paid extra for residential delivery, but the tracking number says it's coming to the distribution center. I'm waiting for confirmation that they're actually going to deliver them to my house, but I'm not holding my breath.

I understand that delays happen, especially in a smaller business...but for the love of Pete, COMMUNICATE! Send a damn email, don't just leave people hanging.

</END RANT>

All I can say is this had better be one quality product.

Old 02-12-2016, 09:32 PM
rob0225
Road Master
Received 80 Likes on 42 Posts

I would have cancelled. I don't give my money to businesses that don't act like they want it.