General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Dynamics flasher module

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 11:57 AM
penmaker
Road Master
Received 441 Likes on 220 Posts
Default Custom Dynamics flasher module

I just installed the Custom Dynamics tour pack brake light flasher module on my 2014 Limited. It was a very easy install. It took me longer to tidy everything up than to install it. It literally plugs into the harness that goes to the tour pack lights. The module has 10 modes numbered 0-9. I made a video where I cycled through all 10 modes. What is ya'll opinion on which mode is the most attention getting, including sitting on a 2 lane road waiting to make a turn. the video starts with mode #0 and goes through 9. Thanks for your opinions.

Old 03-01-2016, 12:16 PM
KingBowser
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the flasher module (smart triple play) on my dyna (obviously not a tour pack). I've left mine on the steady high frequency flash (all rear lights). I've noticed that almost every car now keeps a good clean distance from me now. Probably twice the distance that they did before. I imagine they most likely think somethings wrong with me or the bike, but that's fine with me. I'd rather have them notice me and think something's up, then not notice me at all. I'm happy with it.

Old 03-01-2016, 12:29 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

I have the Triple-Play and use the Blaster X pattern, The strobe flashes for about 3.5 seconds then solid. It's very attention getting. Also just added a laser light that shines a line on the ground a few feet behind me.

Old 03-01-2016, 12:33 PM
penmaker
Road Master

When I bought it, I really thought it flashed the whole bar across the back of the tour pack, not just the center portion. I guess that made it that way since the turn signals are on the tour pack if you don't have the saddlebag lights.

Old 03-01-2016, 12:37 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior

Mine has switches that enable the tri-bar as well as the run/stop/turn signals. A lot of flashing lol. I'll try a video but I'm not sure how to post it as I don't have or want a YouTube account.

Old 03-01-2016, 12:39 PM
penmaker
Road Master

I talked to a state trooper friend of mine in Arkansas before I bought it to make sure it was legal. He told me it's legal as long as it's facing the rear and is red. He said he knew nobody in Arkansas would stop me for trying to increase visibility. He and his wife both ride and he is on the Governors version of the Secret Service and travels all over the country with the Governor. He said he's talked to troopers all over the country that say the same thing he told me.

Old 03-01-2016, 01:18 PM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 247 Posts

I set mine on my Street Glide to flash the Blaster X pattern on the tri-bar and stay solid on the brake/turns. Plenty of attention getting, and I can 'pulse' the brake lever in heavy traffic to keep the Blaster pattern going on longer.

CD's programmable modules are the shiznit. Speaking of which, I have a spare module for a '13 Touring (non-Canbus) that I'd let go cheap if someone wants it...been meaning to post in the For Sale section but keep forgetting.

Old 03-01-2016, 01:19 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior

Damn it worked. lol.

Nevermind... It didn't work ;p

Last edited by Smokey Stover; 03-01-2016 at 01:22 PM. Reason: tried to play video
Old 03-01-2016, 01:23 PM
CVO SG
Road Warrior
Received 252 Likes on 205 Posts

I have the triple play module also for my SG. I choose a mode that just flashes the tribar when braking at a steady rate, leaving the turn/brake alone. With most of the flash patterns for both the turn lites and tribar, it was too confusing to see exactly what I was doing. With the signals lights also flashing, it looked more like a short. I want to be noticed, not confusing.

Last edited by CVO SG; 03-01-2016 at 01:26 PM.
Old 03-01-2016, 01:27 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior

With all lights strobe flashing, When I use turn signal they go to solid and turn signal goes off/on/off/on full contrast. I still use hand signals as well,Old habit

Quick Reply: Custom Dynamics flasher module