General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

driving lights that light up the DOWN the road

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 08:30 PM
1957buick
Club Member
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts
Default driving lights that light up the DOWN the road

Just looking for a pair of driving lights , not fog lights ! need to see down the road on my 08 ultra do not care what the marketing people say! just a real down the road driving light. They all claim to have the best lights , but i want REAL WORLD experience with lights not just salesman talk. looked at cd , motolights etc

Old 03-08-2016, 08:43 PM
HardRider1
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 62 Posts

You need to check out these, I have done a ton of research and I have a buddy that rides with these, and they are, I am sure exactly what you are looking for. Very well built.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/denal...rness-m8-mount

Last edited by HardRider1; 03-08-2016 at 10:15 PM.
Old 03-09-2016, 12:48 AM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 530 Likes on 376 Posts

www.cleawaterlights.com

Krista2 driving lights

Old 03-09-2016, 01:16 AM
_Gir_
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by HardRider1
You need to check out these, I have done a ton of research and I have a buddy that rides with these, and they are, I am sure exactly what you are looking for. Very well built.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/denal...rness-m8-mount
How do they match HD LED headlights temp wise? The pics on the page make it look like they run a little yellow compared to the blue-ish hue of the HDs.

Old 03-09-2016, 01:21 AM
_Gir_
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by bklynbob
www.cleawaterlights.com

Krista2 driving lights
^Typo
www.clearwaterlights.com

Old 03-09-2016, 03:27 AM
LoneWoolf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 486 Posts

Go over to the BMW forum. Those technogeeks have researched this topic to death. However, they have come up with the best solutions. Many riders want one fog, one driving, with the fog aimed towards the shoulder.

Old 03-09-2016, 08:24 AM
HardRider1
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by _Gir_
How do they match HD LED headlights temp wise? The pics on the page make it look like they run a little yellow compared to the blue-ish hue of the HDs.
The graphic display of the light pattern is indicating LUX density at a given distance not light color. There is little to no difference between these and the HD LED lights as it relates to color, light pattern however is a different story, the D4 setup is more commonly found on adventure bikes, where the rider is looking for lighting for both the sides of a trail and also needs a portion of the light to cut through the darkness in the distance, this is exactly what these lights do. (2) of the LED's in each light have a 40* prismatic lens for a wide pattern and (2) have a 10* reflector for the distance portion, best of both worlds. Like I said I have been researching this topic for some time and have found these lights are about the only thing that i have found that offer this feature. They are not offered in chrome, but they are a very nice looking build. I have not mounted these on my ride as of yet, I have seen the light pattern and color and it is worth every penny, I would however recommend that they be put on there own switch so they may be turned off when in traffic, they are blinding bright.

The following 2 users liked this post by HardRider1:
1957buick (03-09-2016), kingxirol (03-09-2016)
Old 03-09-2016, 08:16 PM
_Gir_
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by HardRider1
The graphic display of the light pattern is indicating LUX density at a given distance not light color.
Was referring to this pic. The color caught my attention.

Compared to the stock image from HD:

I just don't want this on my bike:

There is little to no difference between these and the HD LED lights as it relates to color, light pattern however is a different story, the D4 setup is more commonly found on adventure bikes, where the rider is looking for lighting for both the sides of a trail and also needs a portion of the light to cut through the darkness in the distance, this is exactly what these lights do. (2) of the LED's in each light have a 40* prismatic lens for a wide pattern and (2) have a 10* reflector for the distance portion, best of both worlds. Like I said I have been researching this topic for some time and have found these lights are about the only thing that i have found that offer this feature. They are not offered in chrome, but they are a very nice looking build. I have not mounted these on my ride as of yet, I have seen the light pattern and color and it is worth every penny, I would however recommend that they be put on there own switch so they may be turned off when in traffic, they are blinding bright.
Cool.

Last edited by _Gir_; 03-09-2016 at 08:19 PM.