General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOG patch etiquette and instructions...

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 07:02 PM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Folks, things are changing. Everyone keeps talking about the bottom rocker. It used to mean finding a 'dance partner' whenever you ran into any member who is a member of a club that would fight anyone who wore a bottom rocker with the state name in it. It only stands for territory for those same clubs. For any 'non-OMC' club, it denotes where they are from. That's it, nothing more. I just finished reading a book written by the former International Prez. of the Mongols. After winning the right to wear the 'California' bottom rocker. They gave permission to any and all clubs to wear it. It's in the book. That kind of opened it up for everyone everywhere. There are still some clubs that don't like it, but there are very few, very few, instances of trouble because of it now. The OMC's just look at it as it is. Not a threat to them or their way of life. Be surprised if you were given a second look. 3PP have gone so mainstream now, it would be impossible for the OMC's to change everyone's mind. I'm not saying you should go running up to a member of a OMC while wearing a reproduction of his clubs 3PP on your vest and smack him on the back and yell, "What's happening Brother!?", that would be dumb, but don't worry about what you are wearing and whether or not someone is going to take offense. It's more important to you than it is to them.

Old 04-30-2011, 07:21 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 306 Likes on 178 Posts

Am I the only person thinking that the OP may be more interested in how to transfer the patches from that mesh jacket to her new jacket?

Old 04-30-2011, 09:00 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by piasspj
Am I the only person thinking that the OP may be more interested in how to transfer the patches from that mesh jacket to her new jacket?
if she hasn't figured it out after 6 years.... don't think she ever will.........

Old 05-20-2011, 08:21 PM
rebel66
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My question is; Can I wear my vest that has my H.O.G. patch on it everyday that i ride or is there something that says that I can only wear it when i ride with my chapter?

Old 05-20-2011, 08:46 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,220 Likes on 4,770 Posts

Originally Posted by rebel66
My question is; Can I wear my vest that has my H.O.G. patch on it everyday that i ride or is there something that says that I can only wear it when i ride with my chapter?
If you have pride in your patch, wear it whenever you damn well please.