General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buyer Beware !..LED lamps on eBay/Amazon

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 04:45 PM
Streetjet
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Buyer Beware !..LED lamps on eBay/Amazon

Hello all.....I want to make all owners aware of the chinese knock-off copies of LED "Daymaker" headlamps being sold. Most , if not all, of these chinese knockoffs WILL NOT FIT HD lamp buckets, regardless of ad claims. the stock HD buckets are too shallow. I recently bought one and it would not fit my '12 Streetglide. they are Chinese copies of the J.W.Speaker LED lamps. the back end of these 7080/SP7080 series lamps are huge. U need a huge empty ,squarish inner bucket to mount them. The lamp was a full 1/4" from seating in the bucket and the rim" locator" tabs did not line up either.I have seen them for resale on Craigslist too, ppl buy them and then realize they don't fit their bike,. They do fit some metric bikes I'm told. below is a link of what I am referring too.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-LED-Head-L...3AStreet+Glide

Last edited by Streetjet; 04-03-2016 at 04:47 PM. Reason: double link / unnecessary
Old 04-03-2016, 05:42 PM
madsonp
Road Captain
Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts

On some bikes you need an adapter such as on my ultra that looks like this, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-LED-H...tVlUuS&vxp=mtr On my ultra you remove the stock bucket and put the adapter in it's place and the light fits fine. The one on my softail fits without the need of the adapter, so your comments don't necessarily hold true.

Old 04-03-2016, 07:37 PM
HeloDR
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Streetjet
Hello all.....I want to make all owners aware of the chinese knock-off copies of LED "Daymaker" headlamps being sold. Most , if not all, of these chinese knockoffs WILL NOT FIT HD lamp buckets, regardless of ad claims. the stock HD buckets are too shallow. I recently bought one and it would not fit my '12 Streetglide. they are Chinese copies of the J.W.Speaker LED lamps. the back end of these 7080/SP7080 series lamps are huge. U need a huge empty ,squarish inner bucket to mount them. The lamp was a full 1/4" from seating in the bucket and the rim" locator" tabs did not line up either.I have seen them for resale on Craigslist too, ppl buy them and then realize they don't fit their bike,. They do fit some metric bikes I'm told. below is a link of what I am referring too.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-LED-Head-L...3AStreet+Glide
Avoid the drama and buy a Daymaker and Custom D Rings...there is no such thing as a good deal!!! You get what you pay for!

The following users liked this post:
EJ122763 (04-08-2016)
Old 04-03-2016, 07:50 PM
amkaos
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by HeloDR
Avoid the drama and buy a Daymaker and Custom D Rings...there is no such thing as a good deal!!! You get what you pay for!
not true.. Lil bit of homework gets you many awesome choices,, better cheaper proven

Old 04-03-2016, 07:55 PM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

There are quite a few viable alternatives to the overpriced options currently on the market. LED headlights from LRS, Motoillumination, and MoonsMC are just a few that are receiving great reviews from actual purchasers. Bottom line is, do your homework or pay the price.

Old 04-03-2016, 10:32 PM
dbc58
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess you missed this: "Some modification maybe required for the installation. "Our kit does NOT include any bezels for the installation"

Old 04-04-2016, 08:04 AM
Irie1
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine fit. Snug but it fit.

Old 04-04-2016, 08:24 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 724 Likes on 483 Posts

no rebuttal?

Old 04-04-2016, 08:56 AM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,738 Likes on 3,507 Posts

Originally Posted by dbc58
I guess you missed this: "Some modification maybe required for the installation. "Our kit does NOT include any bezels for the installation"
That's embarrassing...

Old 04-04-2016, 09:12 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,784 Likes on 18,560 Posts

I believe that this part number ( 68124-04b ) https://shop.newcastlehd.com/part/68124-04b is the same as "madsonp" has listed for considerably less money. It is listed in the parts description in the following link. http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...dlamp-kit#tabs Click on "more info"

Quick Reply: Buyer Beware !..LED lamps on eBay/Amazon