General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Weather is Great in Central Texas

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 10:11 PM
Reddog01
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The Weather is Great in Central Texas

Today I jumped on my Heritage and rode it from Georgetown, Texas to Taylor, Taylor to Bartlet, Bartlet to Jarrell and Jarrell to Georgetown. It was 80 degrees, calm wind, and I rode mostly country roads. I'm retired, so I rode while folks were at work and school. I could not have asked for a better ride. I hope you guys up north get some good riding weather soon.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:35 PM
HDReiter
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I love Texas all year riding. I prefer the fall to spring weather. Summer trips are short for me because of the high heat.

Old 04-05-2016, 05:07 AM
silvrbill
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts

FM1123 between Holland and Belton is a nice ride.
Some very nice scenery in one particular place.
You'll know it when you get there.
Be sure to stop at the bridge next to the dam.

Old 04-05-2016, 08:32 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

Riding from Palestine to Rusk is a nice ride, with lots of trees. I just hope we don't have a May like last years.

Old 04-05-2016, 08:56 AM
RaSh
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,415 Likes on 5,532 Posts

Polar Vortex event in western N.Y. over the weekend, temps in the teens, 6" of snow that crusted on pavement, only in the twenty's now.

We normally get a bit over 4" of snow for the entire month of April, I'm hoping that this is a last kiss-off from winter. It's been a mild winter so no real complaints, but I had hoped we were done with the tree's budding, flowers coming up, etc.

Old 04-05-2016, 08:58 AM
mdm
Tourer
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

I did two tours at Ft. Hood and loved the riding weather. Weather is a major reason I won't live further north than I am now.

Old 04-05-2016, 10:07 AM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,863 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Originally Posted by RaSh
Polar Vortex event in western N.Y. over the weekend, temps in the teens, 6" of snow that crusted on pavement, only in the twenty's now.

We normally get a bit over 4" of snow for the entire month of April, I'm hoping that this is a last kiss-off from winter. It's been a mild winter so no real complaints, but I had hoped we were done with the tree's budding, flowers coming up, etc.
Fear not. You'll be riding in 6-8 weeks. I grew up on Long Island and spent eight years in Ithaca in the late 70's and 80's. I loved the two seasons; July and winter.

Now I live in central Texas. I love the two seasons we have here; January and summer.

I will admit that we are having a run of very nice weather. It is bright sun and low 80's now.

Old 04-05-2016, 10:54 AM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,361 Likes on 2,202 Posts

I was at Rangers opening day yesterday.. OMG it was awesome.. And yep, I took the truck..

Old 04-05-2016, 11:02 AM
Reddog01
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mdm
I did two tours at Ft. Hood and loved the riding weather. Weather is a major reason I won't live further north than I am now.
I used to go skeet shooting every Saturday at Ft. Hood. I frequently ride to Killeen. I can jump on Hwy 195 a few blocks from my house, and it is now 4 lanes all the way from Killeen to Interstate 35 in Georgetown. They have a bypass around Florence now, so a rider doesn't have to worry about that speed trap. There is some pretty country between Georgetown and Killeen (the beginning of the Texas Hill Country).

Old 04-05-2016, 07:04 PM
kcm210
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm looking forward to coming Tx in the first couple of weeks of May. I'm riding from Newfoundland Canada to Dallas (where the wife is flying to a conference) on the 15th. Today it's snowing and expecting a foot tonight - so keep that great weather around. I'm registered for the Texas Hog Rally in Denison...anyone going?

Quick Reply: The Weather is Great in Central Texas