General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My "Buyer Beware" Drago's Bike Works Dragula buying experience...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 07:40 PM
TroubledWine
Tourer
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Default My "Buyer Beware" Drago's Bike Works Dragula buying experience...

...or lack thereof.

I decided to give it a 24 hour window before posting this so that I didn't come off like a complete *******. I figure the best way to do this is to simply post the timeline as a buyer beware to somebody trying to, you know, actually F'N give a company money for something they sell and then actually expect to receive said product.

March 1st: I call Drago's Bike Works and leave a message. Frank calls back a short while later and I tell him I want to order a black 2-1 exhaust. He informs me that the black Dragula 1 would be ready to ship out "in the next week" but the black Dragula 2 wouldn't be ready until the end of March. I place an order for a black Dragula 1.

March 11th: I call and ask Frank if my exhaust has shipped and if I can get a tracking number. I'm told they are still waiting on "heat shields" to come back from getting coated.

March 18th: I call and ask Frank if my exhaust has shipped and I'm told they are waiting on "muffler bodies" to come back from getting coated black.

March 24th: I call and ask Frank if my exhaust has shipped and I'm told they are waiting on "muffler bodies" to come back from getting coated black. I explain to Frank that my indy wants to know when to expect the exhaust because, well, my bike has been chillin' in his shop this entire time waiting on an exhaust to put back on it after a cam swap and some other goodies. Frank says he will call the coating company and find out. He calls me back 5 minutes later and says that the coating company says that, at the EARLIEST, it would be April 11th(six weeks after ordering and five weeks after it would supposedly ship) before the muffler bodies would be ready and they could ship me the exhaust.

At this point, Frank offers a solution. His exact words were, "I have chrome Dragula 2s hanging on the wall ready to ship. I can have one out the door next Tuesday(29th) as soon as we get back from being closed for Easter. Now, at this point, I should have said "F it" because I really wanted a black exhaust, but I said ok, send me a chrome Dragula 2. He says thanks buddy, I'll update your order and it will be out the door Tuesday!

April 5th: I call Frank and say Frank...it's been a week since my exhaust was supposed to ship and I still don't have an exhaust. Has my exhaust shipped?

The answer I got was: "No, sorry buddy, we are out of brackets and they are on backorder."

I say, "You told me you had em hanging on the wall ready to go."

"Yeah, but I didn't realize we were out of brackets. I can send you your exhaust but "insert smartass laugh" it ain't like you can install it "insert smartass chuckle"

I said "Cancel the damn order" and hung up the phone.

Long story short, I tried to give $850 to a company for their product and after 5 weeks and multiple different stories, I get told that they don't know when they can send me a black one, and they don't know when they will get more brackets in to send me a chrome one, so they don't know when they can send me an exhaust. So after cancelling my order, I called a D&D vendor/machine shop someone recommended to me on here(isn't a sponsor, but hell of a guy to deal with, PM if you want the name) and ordered a black D&D Boss Fat Cat for about $100 more, and hopefully it will be here in the next two weeks or less.

In all fairness, my card was never charged by Drago's during this time, which was how I knew nothing had shipped yet the entire 5 week time period.

/Rant

Old 04-06-2016, 07:44 PM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 74 Posts

D&D makes good stuff.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:48 PM
Mcarso1
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have no experience with dragos but I can tell you that the d&d are awesome. I got mine in Chrome and the quality compared to others I do have experience with is amazing. Very nice exhaust with great results on dyno.

Old 04-06-2016, 08:11 PM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 14,586 Likes on 4,613 Posts

the fat cat will really make a big difference with your cam upgrade. You don't know it yet, but that worked out in your favor!! Tell Jamie I said hello!

Old 04-06-2016, 08:24 PM
TroubledWine
Tourer
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

In all honesty, my first choice was the Fat Cat with perforated baffle. It's the pipe my indy runs on both of his bikes(one with louvered, one with perforated), but at the time, I thought I was looking at a $740 vs $1250 price difference. It ended up only being about $140 more for the D&D than what the Dragula was gonna end up costing me shipped.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:13 PM
rubberfrog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 120 Likes on 83 Posts

That sounds like a nightmare experience. Thanks for sharing it.

Old 04-06-2016, 11:00 PM
Olsen185
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I was undecided between the fatcat and the dragula 2 (also wanted black). I ended up ordering the d&d and absolutely love the pipe! Your post makes me even happier that I made the choice for the fatcat. Btw d&d took two weeks for delivery of the black fatcat.

Old 04-06-2016, 11:25 PM
Ride my Seesaw
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,546 Likes on 727 Posts

Hmmmmm, I had a very similar experience to yours with Drago's, albeit it was a couple of years ago. Ordered the Dragula 2-1 exhaust in chrome and was told it was delayed a week or so due to production. Well it turned into a few months but I was in no rush anyhow. I am extremely happy with the pipe and it's performance but this isn't the first time I've heard of his delays. Did I mention that I love the pipe......

Old 04-06-2016, 11:36 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,565 Likes on 1,497 Posts

Wow,when did Drago's become Samson? I've heard nothing but good things about Frank,guess things have changed.

Old 04-07-2016, 01:36 AM
shaggy13
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had almost the same thing happen to me but on the 3rd call I said F(#& it and ordered Rush Wrath which are the same as the Drago's the only difference is the baffles.

Quick Reply: My "Buyer Beware" Drago's Bike Works Dragula buying experience...