General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Credible dealer invoice price for new 2016 FLHX

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 08:34 PM
ichthys
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Credible dealer invoice price for new 2016 FLHX

Can I get a true and credible dealer invoice price for a new 2016 FLHX?
What are buyers in the Chicago area paying for theirs?

Old 04-10-2016, 12:05 AM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

You may find that if you do find a true and credible dealer invoice price on a new 2016 FLHX and then you try to negotiate from that starting point, you'll probably get shown the door at every Dealer you visit. Good Luck!

Old 04-10-2016, 11:23 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,362 Likes on 2,617 Posts

You might try this:http://seedealercost.com/products/ma...ug/powersports

But again I'm not sure what difference it would make in your negotiations. Not included in that price is the cost of doing business, and.... profit! (remember profit?! Sometimes I think we forget that around here)

Old 04-10-2016, 12:40 PM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,083 Likes on 2,600 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithhu
You might try this:http://seedealercost.com/products/ma...ug/powersports

But again I'm not sure what difference it would make in your negotiations. Not included in that price is the cost of doing business, and.... profit! (remember profit?! Sometimes I think we forget that around here)
The price on that page for a SGS is probably pretty close. I am in CA (which I believe adds 200 bucks) and I was trying to work a deal on a non-vivid black bike, which I think also raises the price.

After I could not work a deal on a SGS, the dealer actually showed me their cost (via their computer system) to try and show me that they were not screwing me. It said $19,100.

Old 04-10-2016, 12:43 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,250 Likes on 11,136 Posts

Originally Posted by OldEnuf2NoBtr
You may find that if you do find a true and credible dealer invoice price on a new 2016 FLHX and then you try to negotiate from that starting point, you'll probably get shown the door at every Dealer you visit. Good Luck!

Old 04-10-2016, 05:27 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,374 Likes on 2,948 Posts

It's always nice to know what the dealership pays for bikes from HD. You're not going to get it for that, but it's a good thing to know what is what. If you think you're paying too much, then ask for complimentary service visits or store credit. Or maybe their local HOG chapter dues. Of course if it's "way out" then don't buy it and move on to the next dealership...

Old 04-10-2016, 05:39 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,661 Likes on 934 Posts

I would like to know what it feels like to go into an HD dealer and start negotiating on a big twin. Not gonna happen in my lifetime, but I do enjoy reading about other peoples' new bike experiences.

Old 04-10-2016, 05:44 PM
ktp1598
Road Captain
Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts

Best I could do on mine was a cone filter cover (over $300) and $250 store credit. Still thought that wasn't bad.

Old 04-10-2016, 08:19 PM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by guitarfish
I would like to know what it feels like to go into an HD dealer and start negotiating on a big twin. Not gonna happen in my lifetime, but I do enjoy reading about other peoples' new bike experiences.
Having just bought a new Ultra Limited the other day, I can attest to that. What you really end up negotiating on is extra goodies.

Old 04-11-2016, 05:20 AM
Nick 93
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SgtMic
Having just bought a new Ultra Limited the other day, I can attest to that. What you really end up negotiating on is extra goodies.
This is very true. While I've only bought one bike brand new I found this out very quickly. This is also the best way to get a good deal in spring or summer when they can sell bikes very easily. You will be better off on trying to get free service or a gift card with a certain amount of money on it. Maybe they can put a certain tire on for you or include an installed exhaust in the sale. The dealer will work with you to a degree but like someone else said they do have to make money to stay in business. I will admit that when you look at other companies that their invoice and msrp are much closer than Harleys.

Another thing to keep in mind is don't believe their computer. I feel like this is a way for them to make you not feel ripped off or something but I might be wrong. I had a few dealers do this to me while looking for a bike for my girlfriend. One would say they are making almost no profit at $3,550 while the other was willing to sell for just under $3,300. The first showed me their computer and I thought it was a good price until I looked around and heard the other dealer would sell at just under $3,300(MSRP was $3,200 I believe). And that was over the phone.

Quick Reply: Credible dealer invoice price for new 2016 FLHX