General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bright Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 09:48 AM
daddyflea
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bright Headlights

Guys last November I was going to attend a Rally in Galveston. Well it rained buckets and I did not want to get wet. I had been searching for Brighter Lights and decided on LED. I called a Friend there who picked me up a set and told me the Guy would make it right if it did not work. Well it kinda worked. The LED in the low beam was great but High Beam sucked. This is exactly what I told the Guy that sold me the LED Bulbs.

I was told "OK let me work on that." I never met the Dealer and never saw him. I have great Low Beams but High really sucks.

Before I go on, let me say I have one of the Rushmore Bikes a 2014 Roadking with what they call a CVO Headlight. This Headlight has two H11 Bulbs in it. One for High Beam and one for Low.

It has been several Months now and I get a call from the Dealer. "I got a solution for you." He sends me a really cool LED light that has a Fan on back for the High Beam. I was riding that night so I ran out and tried to put it in. It would not fit, not because of the connection but because my bike had a weird little plate on the Steering Stem right where I needed an extra Quarter inch.

OK I mounted that bad boy in my Low Beam spot. That night I was really almost blind. That Bulb had been designed to run in the High Beam slot and the Focus of Light was off.

I called the Dealer back thinking I was screwed. His reply was "I am not through with you yet." "Do I have your permission to give your Phone Number to the Manufacturer, in order to solve your Problem." I am thinking "Heck Yeah."

I checked several places including Harley and an Independent MC Shop and they had no solutions, other than replace the Whole Light. I refuse to pay Harley all that money for a Day Maker, which some people are not happy with.

This morning I got a call from the Manufacturer in California. He says he has not worked much with the Rushmore Bikes but wanted to fix my problem.

He says he is going to get with his Guys and figure out a way to make my Lights Bright and send me the Parts.

I don't know about you guys but I hate to risk my money on improvements, only to find out, it was a bad risk.

Cycle Light Solutions has not forgotten me and I will remember that, next time I need lights or someone asks me about them.

http://www.cyclelightsolutions.com/

I still don't have these lights where they need to be but it seems nobody including Harley has really taken the time to get this right. I really appreciate the efforts of Cycle Light Solutions to make me happy.

Old 04-11-2016, 09:51 AM
xungan
Advanced

Good luck and great to find a vendor to cares about customer service, as that seems to be few and far between these days!

Old 04-11-2016, 09:53 AM
rubberfrog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 120 Likes on 83 Posts

Sounds like something good is in the works.

Old 04-11-2016, 08:14 PM
YPD485
Stellar HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 135 Posts

Wonder if cycle light solutions could come up with a better headlight than the pathetic stock Daymaker on the Ultra/Limited?

Last edited by YPD485; 04-12-2016 at 08:36 PM.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:32 PM
daddyflea
Intermediate

Just got a call from Cycle Light solutions and they have decided that it is not possible to get a really good bright high beam with the stock head lamp assembly. I am getting a different assembly and a Wiring Harness to try out.

It seems Harley has put the Shroud around the Reflector for High Beam that not only Focuses the Light too high, it beams the light like a Laser Dot leaving the ditches dark.

Don't get me wrong great improvement on Low Beam but terrible on high.

I will keep you posted.

Old 04-12-2016, 01:48 PM
VigilantOutlaw
Road Master
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts

If that doesn't work check these out:
http://www.discountfleetsupply.com/tlc27270c.html
http://www.discountfleetsupply.com/tlc27270c-3set.html
Several years back I put the three piece set on my Softail Deluxe and they made a big difference over the stock lights. Just a thought in case what you're trying doesn't work.

Good luck!