General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got the call, was not meant to be

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 08:18 AM
motorups
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default got the call, was not meant to be

So was hanging out at Gators HD about three hours during Lessburg Fl rally yesterday. Checking out the used bikes, large selection and what seemed to be good pricing. Anyway did not ask for a 'number' on a used 2015 Ultra Low Magic Black color with quick release trunk and turn signals already in the bags. Less then 4k miles on her.

Later a couple are smart enough to do so and so figure 'snooze you lose'. Anyway, run into the sales guy and say if the deal falls through give me a call on my cell.....then later he does

So go inside to meet him but cannot find him so call him back on his cell only to find out the guy that turned down their lowest price offer came back and accepted it. Figure no hard feelings on my part, just not meant to be. I like that shop, seem likes a good dealer to me and has heart.

Besides maybe in the end I will be happier with one of the twin cooled models though I have to say I am a bit confused on the Ultra and Ultra Limited naming used on these models now days. Maybe in 2014 they call the twin cooled Ultra Limited and now in 2015 they just call them Limited.

I do like the idea of taking the lowers off in sunny Florida, something you cannot do with the twin cooled model though hoping that extra cooling and hp bump more then make up for not being able to take off those 'fixed' lowers.

Probably just me but the crowds at Leesburg main street did not appear unbearable, could walk the sideways without too much issues.

None of the colors really do it for me on the Harleys now days...well magic black was really nice in the building though turns out sliver in the day light. Color changer based on how much light hits her. Will have to keep my 2005 softail ink black and aztek orange for a bit longer it seems. Maybe 2016 colors will do it for me.
Ride safe

Old 04-24-2016, 09:40 AM
ISP-FLHTK
Road Captain
Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts

We did an overnight trip up to Leesburg a week before the rally. Of course we visited Gator HD. My buddy and I were both impressed with their inventory of new and used bikes. We will both be trading up in the next year or two and agreed we will need to go back there even though it is over 300 miles away.

Old 04-24-2016, 10:02 AM
motorups
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Possible I as well though do like to support a local shop. Jim's in st pete is fine though do miss Fletcher's from the old days (Tampabay). Plus there is a shop up by my bothers place in Crystal River though yes Gator's is a fine place for certain and only 40 some miles from his place.