General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dragon not so nice guy

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 12:26 PM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,515 Likes on 1,302 Posts

I feel your pain Frank. I just rode Idaho 28 to Salmon and after an hour, I was so excited that there was a slight bend in the road. Fantastic rides before and after, but I thought anything might be better than 93. My mistake. But it points to the comments, my d!(k or road is better, bigger, and badder than yours. Lots of great roads, lots of curves and some of the best out West are too far for your average sport biker to even get within a hundred miles. Topic is not who has the biggest d!(k, but how we handle rude and aggressive riders. No matter how fast you are, if you aren't trying to ride up my ***, 100 feet in front of me, you'll be on someone else's ***. Get a life, take a breath, give me some courtesy and I'll wave you past as soon as it is safe. Yes, your d!(k might be bigger, but it will never see my girlfriend so I don't care to know.
What would this guy have done or said to a new rider, first run through the tail. Hey you ******* or, hey, do you know about delayed apex. Anyone who wants to make a speed run after 9:00 AM and before 4:00 on a weekend has a tiny d!(k. Period.

Old 07-02-2016, 01:33 PM
Chekoz77
Tourer
Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts

I kind of get it from both sides but here is my question. Simply because a guy is speeding and breaking the law we should make way for him out of "courtesy"? We get guys here on the interstate that are doing like 100 and flash their lights at you to move outta the way. I am sorry, I didn't realize douche bags take precedence on the road.

And a well placed leg kick would have handled that helmet problem.

Last edited by Chekoz77; 07-02-2016 at 01:36 PM.
Old 07-02-2016, 03:30 PM
Frank the Real Biker
Road Master
Received 781 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by son of the hounds
I feel your pain Frank. I just rode Idaho 28 to Salmon and after an hour, I was so excited that there was a slight bend in the road. Fantastic rides before and after, but I thought anything might be better than 93. My mistake.
Haven't ridden Idaho 28 (yet) but a few years ago I rode HW 20 west from Idaho Falls to Mountain Home. Not a lot of curves...pretty flat...but there is something soothing about cruising along without needing to concentrate quite as closely to the road as one might on The Dragon, for instance. I really enjoy riding across NV, UT, and NM. Long flat roads on which you can really open it up while still having great scenery. Here is one I took near Price, UT. Can't wait to go back someday.

And believe it or not, there are a lot of nice roads in Kansas if ya know where to look.

Old 07-09-2016, 02:10 PM
LoneWoolf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 486 Posts