General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blown away at Wolverine HD

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 09:42 PM
Freakin Deacon
Tourer
Received 59 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Blown away at Wolverine HD

I was in the Detroit area over the weekend and stopped in at Wolverine HD shortly before closing on Saturday. My wife and I were greeted walking in the door by their customer relations Mgr. I've never even heard of that position at local dealers! We explained we were just visiting from NY. He gave us a personal tour of the whole facility, explained their community, military, and HOG support, He even walked us into Owners office so he could greet us as well. I was embarrassed as we interrupted a meeting but they all seemed pleased to meet us
We talked about the new motor and I thanked him for his time and excused myself to buy my poker chip. He told me the chip was on them for stopping in, plus had the cashier give us two of their dealer T-shirts.
My wife and I were completely blown away by the staff there! We've probably been to dozens of dealers for various reasons and have never been treated like that.
I'm moving to Detroit! well maybe north of Detroit.. Being a Lions fan cant be any more painful than being a Bills fan.

The following 3 users liked this post by Freakin Deacon:
glide5904 (08-30-2016), RandyL (08-30-2016), son of the hounds (08-30-2016)
Old 08-28-2016, 09:54 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,746 Likes on 18,544 Posts

Yes it can ... being a Lions fan ... it definitely can :>(

Old 08-29-2016, 01:51 AM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Freakin Deacon
I was in the Detroit area over the weekend and stopped in at Wolverine HD shortly before closing on Saturday. My wife and I were greeted walking in the door by their customer relations Mgr. I've never even heard of that position at local dealers! We explained we were just visiting from NY. He gave us a personal tour of the whole facility, explained their community, military, and HOG support, He even walked us into Owners office so he could greet us as well. I was embarrassed as we interrupted a meeting but they all seemed pleased to meet us
We talked about the new motor and I thanked him for his time and excused myself to buy my poker chip. He told me the chip was on them for stopping in, plus had the cashier give us two of their dealer T-shirts.
My wife and I were completely blown away by the staff there! We've probably been to dozens of dealers for various reasons and have never been treated like that.
I'm moving to Detroit! well maybe north of Detroit.. Being a Lions fan cant be any more painful than being a Bills fan.
Almost 200 posts here and you don't know the rules, yet? Pics (of your t-shirts and chip with the guy who gave 'em to you) or it didn't happen!

Old 08-29-2016, 02:02 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 987 Likes on 678 Posts

Man you should of come a little further to Chicago....
Our dealers give free guns with ammo and point you to the fastest way out....

Old 08-29-2016, 05:01 AM
Mxdad
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 456 Likes on 356 Posts

All I can say is some dealerships know how to treat customers and some do not. Was in a dealership about 3 hrs from my home (Southern Thunder Hd - North MS) just to look around a few months ago and received a similar reception but no free tshirt.
I was passing through after a business meeting and as I had never been in that dealership I wanted to check them out pick up a poker chip etc... Fairly quickly after I entered a young salesman approached and asked if he could help me, I told him I appreciated it but had just stopped by as I had not visited before. We exchanged some small talk and I told him that I had decided my next bike was going to be a RGU but I was 100% positive not buying until maybe close to the end of the year. I told him I did not want to waste his time that could be spent with customers that may be looking to buy but if he would give me a card I would contact him when I was ready to purchase and give him a chance. That was cool with him and he left me to wonder the store telling me if I had any questions to grab him.

10 mins later I was over looking at shirts when he came over and asked if I would like a tour of the dealership as it is a fairly large building. I again told him I did not want to keep him from a customer that was looking to buy. He said it was the middle of the week and not a busy day and he would be glad to show me around. I took him up on the offer and he showed me every nook and cranny of the dealership, introduced me to sales manager, Parts folks, finance manager, several techs. Showed me where new inventory is stored, meeting rooms, the whole deal as well as a brief history of the dealership. We talked about riding in general, bikes etc.... Never once did he try to sell me as he knew I was absolutely not buying that day.

I have never bought a bike at this dealership but this kid will have first crack at my business when I am ready to buy in a few months

Old 08-29-2016, 05:12 AM
ja57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 103 Likes on 91 Posts

Always good to hear when someone is treated well while on the road.

Old 08-29-2016, 03:46 PM
Longridertx
Road Master
Received 121 Likes on 99 Posts

High Plains Harley in Clovis NM treated me the same way, except no free T shirt. Very friendly folks. We stop by there now every time we are up that way.

Old 08-29-2016, 07:13 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,474 Likes on 2,476 Posts

Take a lot more than a chip & T-shirt to make me even consider Detroit.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:19 PM
Larry64
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts

I go there, it's the closest dealer to my house. I bought my Ultra there, and my wife her Sporty. Sale and parts are real good, lots of stock. I have never used the service department. I hear both good and bad about service, but that's normal......And just for the record, it's in Clinton Township, 12 miles out of Detroit. There is no dealer in the Detroit city limits.

Old 08-30-2016, 12:10 AM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,462 Likes on 1,591 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry64
I go there, it's the closest dealer to my house. I bought my Ultra there, and my wife her Sporty. Sale and parts are real good, lots of stock. I have never used the service department. I hear both good and bad about service, but that's normal......And just for the record, it's in Clinton Township, 12 miles out of Detroit. There is no dealer in the Detroit city limits.
Correct, yet so sad.

I bought my first (and third) Harley(s) in Detroit in '74-'75 at Downtown H-D.
They moved out of Detroit years ago and have just moved again into a huge building (formerly a Sam's Club) in Farmington Hills, MI and are now known as Motor City H-D.

Quick Reply: Blown away at Wolverine HD