General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Its official.. I had a moron moment..

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 02:36 PM
nfe
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by stevmac1

Story time!!! Back in High-School, one of the girls that hung in our crowd got an '85 Cutlass Supreme. A couple of us convinced her that she needed to check her 'Blinker Fluid' and that it was somewhat hard to find. Skip forward a month, out of the blue she comes over and punches me and my buddy in the chest. She said 'I stopped at 9 different parts stores and gas stations, and everyone was out of Blinker Fluid, until at the last one the WOMAN helping me told me it was a gag, you A-#0!3s'

We laughed so hard that many people played along with the joke!!!

Classic!!

-G

p.s. I've done the run switch, forgotten to turned the ignition on, and also forgotten the bike in gear as well.... I know I'm a moron!

Old 08-31-2016, 02:51 PM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by nfe
Story time!!! Back in High-School, one of the girls that hung in our crowd got an '85 Cutlass Supreme. A couple of us convinced her that she needed to check her 'Blinker Fluid' and that it was somewhat hard to find. Skip forward a month, out of the blue she comes over and punches me and my buddy in the chest. She said 'I stopped at 9 different parts stores and gas stations, and everyone was out of Blinker Fluid, until at the last one the WOMAN helping me told me it was a gag, you A-#0!3s'

We laughed so hard that many people played along with the joke!!!

Classic!!

-G

p.s. I've done the run switch, forgotten to turned the ignition on, and also forgotten the bike in gear as well.... I know I'm a moron!
Bwahahaha!

The following users liked this post:
nfe (09-02-2016)
Old 08-31-2016, 02:55 PM
bradn
Road Master
Received 216 Likes on 174 Posts

I picked up my bike at the HD shop after a service - same thing, the 4-ways came on. One of the service guys was walking by and told him I thought they messed something up with my wiring. He reached over and turned the hazard switch off as i sat there thinking, I can't frickin' believe I just did that. And to make it worse, there were 3 other burly looking bikers standing right next to me. I can't imagine the fun they had with that after I pulled away.

It's nice to know there are other boneheads out there beside myself. ;-)

Old 08-31-2016, 02:58 PM
YeOldeStonecat
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,155 Likes on 1,511 Posts

Originally Posted by uncle kebo

or did you throw salt in your dealers eyes for selling touring bikes to rich folks who wear jewelry and don't want to talk to you?
lmfao!

Old 08-31-2016, 03:12 PM
sailmotion
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7,838 Likes on 3,236 Posts

I suppose I had a semi-moron moment this past weekend. I rented a Tri-glide for 2 days for ***** & giggles while vacationing in the Mount Rushmore area. I have a '14 Ultra Limited at home, so I am familiar with the 6.5 BoomAudio system. Besides the novelty of the Tri-glide, I got it for the navigation since we were going to try to visit as many tourist attractions as possible. Well don't you know, well after leaving the dealership, no audio directions come from the GPS. I check settings and make sure Nav is directed to the speakers - nothing. I press "repeat" on a set route to simultaneously increase volume from the left toggle - still nothing. I test the speakers by switching tuner back and forth from headset to speakers and I get audio thru the speakers - good, speakers aren't blown. As a last resort, I mess with AVC and VOX - nada. So, back to the dealership.

I'd admit to full moron status if the agent hit one button and got the audio to work - didn't happen. After trying all the fixes I tried for about 1/2 hour, the agent finally gave up, went inside and brought out the BoomAudio operating manual. Long story just a little shorter - if you want audible directions, "enable" prompts thru one of the more obscure settings.

Old 08-31-2016, 06:28 PM
grumble
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by uncle kebo
Was off today and went out for a ride. Well I didn't get far.. Gassed up the Road King and my flashers came on. Pulled over restarted the bike, hit both directional at the same time.. Nothing changes.. I go home get the new 2nd fob - nothing.. Look up on Google and Im seeing I did everything right and saw there was an issue with this.. Soooooooo I call the dealer and theyre like, 'um... did you check the hazard switch near the throttle?'..

Ok, yes Im a moron
Al at Williams HD - I owe ya a case of cold ones..
The whole crew always treated me right at Williams - even back in the day of the "shack" - they did some motor work for me in '00 on my Dyna - and I tell ya, they were great. Bobby Williams *always* remembered me and my bike. Williams HD is one of about only two things I miss in NJ.

Old 09-02-2016, 01:41 PM
Topwater
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I took my aunt to the airport in her SUV. It is about an hour and a half drive. It was July and I had a broken ankle with a hard cast on my right leg and had to drive with my left foot. I was already uncomfortable and after u dropped off, I drove back. While driving back I was sweating my *** off. It was so hot! Only when I got back did I realize that the seat warmer was on! I must have hit the switch on accident. This was a long time ago and was my first time seeing heated seats. Moron moment!!

Old 09-02-2016, 09:45 PM
piper59
Elite HDF Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 625 Posts

Did the same thing a couple of days ago.I didn't know what was going on.Figured it out finally and had a good laugh at myself.Only had this bike a month.My last was a 2011. I'm still figuring this thing out.

Old 09-02-2016, 10:58 PM
Buelligan666
Stellar HDF Member
Received 646 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by Topwater
I took my aunt to the airport in her SUV. It is about an hour and a half drive. It was July and I had a broken ankle with a hard cast on my right leg and had to drive with my left foot. I was already uncomfortable and after u dropped off, I drove back. While driving back I was sweating my *** off. It was so hot! Only when I got back did I realize that the seat warmer was on! I must have hit the switch on accident. This was a long time ago and was my first time seeing heated seats. Moron moment!!
We do that in the trucks when traveling for work. Reach over, hit the heated seat button, wait.

I had a moron moment at a gas station in Kentucky a month or so ago. I always pull in, pump the gas, get the receipt, and enter the mileage and info into my fuel log app. I pull in, start to gas up, get distracted taking bikes with the guy across the pump. I pulled over away from the pump so I was out of the way. Used the facilities and got a drink. I get on the bike and switch it on, but realize I forgot to enter my fuel info. I threw the receipt into my clipboard which is in the tour pak. So I lean the bike back over onto the jiffy...... Oh ****! Oh ****! I got this, no I don't! Rolled over into the crash bar. The taller bars add some leverage, to the bike. It threw me off onto the pavement. I rolled, stood up, looked around, whew! no witnesses close by. So I pick the bike back up. Climb on and take off. Still didn't enter the fuel log data.

Old 09-02-2016, 11:14 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,505 Likes on 1,609 Posts

My most (I've had quite a few) was in '89 just after I had purchased a used '87 Softail Custom with "fatbob" fuel tanks.
I had owned a similar bike ('75FLH) which also had the "fatbob" tanks but the mind does get weak as we get older.
Anyway, I couldn't get the fuel cap off of the LH tank and it would just squeak when I tried to loosen it.
I was at the dealership one day so I asked one of the guys that I had known for nearly 15 years (Tom) about replacing the defective fuel cap.

Tom looked at me for a few seconds then said "you do know that it's a left hand threaded cap, right?

Quick Reply: Its official.. I had a moron moment..