General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Guardian Angel

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 05:30 PM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 14,588 Likes on 4,613 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket67
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]A lot of people have had close calls and some weren't so lucky. Implying that one has a guardian Angel is also implying that the "not so lucky" ones somehow weren’t worthy enough to have a guardian Angel. ]
the whole thought of "guardian angels" are given by God, in His Grace to us, and His love for us. The fact that somebody didn't seem to have an angel, can quite possible mean that the 1000 other times the angel moved on behalf of his benefactor, and they failed to respond to the sender of that angel, and his time was up, and he was to face the music. Nobody has any idea of how many times that person was interveined on, in behalf of his safety or whatever. Not agreeing or disagreeing about the existence of angels, but this reason doesn't hold to any kind of explanation, in light of that. If there are no angels, then all this doesn't matter, and your hand ran out. If there are, and they are trying to give us warning, or have saved us from impending doom, might it not be worth looking into? Or do you keep on ignoring what seems to be a supernatural event, and contribute it to fate, or luck, or some other reason, other than a heavenly interference, on your behalf.

And in the end, we all die, angel or not. so this tells us nothing one way or another about them

Last edited by harleycharlie1992; 10-24-2016 at 05:49 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by harleycharlie1992:
ConfuciusSay (10-24-2016), MikeBel (10-25-2016), Uncle G. (11-01-2016)
Old 10-24-2016, 06:23 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,431 Likes on 4,751 Posts

Cuttin up a lil last night. What have you decided to do?

Last edited by Tampa Fatboy; 10-25-2016 at 06:23 AM.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:29 PM
Yamaharley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 545 Likes on 421 Posts

Yes, a good friend passed recently and I think he helped me out of an accident 2 weeks ago. On the other hand my grandpa hated bikes and when mine won't start I swear I can hear him laughing and I smell everything bagels...

Old 10-24-2016, 10:03 PM
Cazador
Received 3,323 Likes on 1,853 Posts

Does it not rain on the rich and the poor? Does the sun shine on the rich and the poor. The good and the bad?
A young couple with 2 children were driving through a storm. The man decided it would be safer to stop. He pulled into a gas station parking lot to wait out the storm. A tree fell on their car and killed all of them. This happened in the Knox TN area a couple years ago. Two years ago in FL. A man was sleeping when a sink hole opened under his bedroom and he went down. Never to be found. A year before that. A man was sleeping and a cow fell through his roof. Killing him on him in his bed. People slip and die in their shower.
When I was younger. My mother would tell me if I went out there would be trouble. You should stay home. I never did. Several times crazy stuff happened. She would say I told you so. I responded that the odds were in her favor. We were not going out to feed the homeless or some noble deed. We were going out to get drunk and raise hell. So yeah, sometimes crazy stuff happened. She was not psychic.
I believe when it's your time there is nothing you can do about it.

Old 10-25-2016, 08:39 AM
Mike Lawless
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 324 Posts

Thank you all for your stories and input. This particular trip will be postponed. In the meantime, since I had some top end engine work planned, I'll just get to it. For me, working on my hot rod and bikes is nearly as much fun as riding and racing the hot rod. The problem will be resolved and the road will be calling come spring. In Central California, that happens around mid February.

Old 10-25-2016, 08:59 AM
MikeBel
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,493 Likes on 637 Posts

When you get that feeling in your gut, when the hairs on the back of your neck raise, it's time to pay attention. You're sensing something important.

Old 10-25-2016, 12:43 PM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 14,588 Likes on 4,613 Posts

It cannot be emphatically answered from Scripture whether or not each believer has a guardian angel assigned to him/her. But, as stated earlier, God does use angels in ministering to us. It is scriptural to say that He uses them as He uses us; that is, He in no way needs us or them to accomplish His purposes, but chooses to use us and them nevertheless (Hebrews 1:7). In the end, whether or not we have an angel assigned to protect us, we have an even greater assurance from God: if we are His children through faith in Christ, He works all things together for good (Romans 8:28-30), and Jesus Christ will never leave us or forsake us (Hebrews 13:5-6). If we have an omniscient, omnipotent, all-loving God with us, does it really matter whether or not there is a finite guardian angel protecting us?

This verse and in Matthew 18 are the most definitive verses concerning this:

Psalm 91:11-12New King James Version (NKJV)

11 For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
12 In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.

Last edited by harleycharlie1992; 10-25-2016 at 01:12 PM.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:07 PM
Dex07FXD
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Well said Charlie! No matter what anyone does or does not do, God's will will be done as he sees fit. We need only to trust God and his promises for the ones who are faithful. The ones who choose not to be obedient and humble themselves before God have promises also, albeit not so pleasant ones.

Old 10-25-2016, 08:19 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

I don't know if there are Guardian Angels. But if it is your wife, I would hope she would help you have a successful trip, not sabotage it.

Hope you have a successful trip next time.

Old 10-25-2016, 08:39 PM
Ghost_13
Grand HDF Member
Received 6,970 Likes on 2,908 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Lawless
I've never been a particularly superstitious guy, but this is something that might make one a believer

Do you believe in stuff like this?
Humans are quirky animals - they can literally create their own reality (based on their particular beliefs)

And beliefs are damn powerful - a unique energy living within each of us

Religions have been created out of them
Entire civilizations destroyed over them
Nations have fought wars over them
People have defended their's to the death

Beliefs can certainly be created..., they can certainly be de-energized..., and can certainly be supplanted -> but never can they be completely erased

They affect our every action

So..., who the hell am I to say your belief is good..., bad..., right..., wrong..., or indifferent

we believe what we believe..., and we do what we do -> solely because of our beliefs ----- and that makes us who we are

we simply cannot contemplate otherwise.......

or can we

==============

Always your call OP

Ghost

Quick Reply: My Guardian Angel