General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy Back????

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 02:37 PM
Trey Parker
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buy Back????

Hey guys, has anyone dealt with something like this? Here is what I wrote Harley...(nicely) LOL.

Good day Sir, Madam,
Concerning my wife's 2016 Softtail Slim, we have had multiple mechanical issues. We have contacted the dealer and yes the have repaired the problems (for now), but the bike has left her on side of the road twice and she if VERY uncomfortable riding it due to the fear it will break down again. I personally have purchased 8 bikes at this at this particular dealer. When the bike had less than 500 miles on it we asked to return it (wipe the slate clean) not asking for a refund of the monies we had put down. So basically we are asking for Harley to step up and take the bike back as we are very loyal customers of the Harley brand. Best case scenario is for Harley to take the bike back if not, drop the Extended Service plan and GAP insurance so we may trade it off without suffering a significant financial loss. Thank you.

Old 11-14-2016, 02:42 PM
heritageblue2013
Grand HDF Member
Received 557 Likes on 308 Posts

All they can say is no.

Just don't go protest in the streets............at least not now.

Old 11-14-2016, 02:47 PM
mskirwin
Club Member
Received 1,449 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Doesn't your state have a lemon law? I would look into that instead of hoping Harley will do the right thing. Jmo

The following users liked this post:
srhen (12-28-2019)
Old 11-14-2016, 03:08 PM
Trey Parker
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lemon law kinda sux in Louisiana, has to be 7 faults seen by the dealer. Thought the dealer would help us out as much money as I have spent in that place over the years. Hell the would make money off this deal as we want none of our money we put down back.

Old 11-14-2016, 03:26 PM
SeeJeepCrawl
Road Master
Received 91 Likes on 85 Posts

Welcome from Georgia!

So far, I have not experienced this type of problem. If nothing else, may want to take to indy you trust and have them give it a thorough look through just to give your wife peace of mind.

Then I would start looking for another place to take your business. I have had dealings with businesses where they had my business for a period of time and then the service began to wane. I always let them know I would be going elsewhere with my business (very nicely). If they wouldn't resume their high level of service, I DID go elsewhere. No idle threats.

See if you can speak with the owner of the HD. Do so in a professional manner and see if you can make headway.

Old 11-14-2016, 03:49 PM
joes bar and grill
Cruiser
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

They MAY offer a financial settlement, but it is rare for a manufacture to buy it back. If they buy it back it has to disclosed to the new buyer it was a buy back.

Old 11-14-2016, 04:34 PM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 791 Likes on 602 Posts

Seems like the dealer should be the one to help you and then the dealer could work the situation with manufacturer.
If you purchased 8 bikes at that dealer then dealer should be willing to reach a resolution.
Reads like you are upside down financially on the purchase so it looks like it is going to cost you something.

Old 11-14-2016, 04:50 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,183 Likes on 2,453 Posts

curious as to what dealer? i'm in la too.

Old 11-14-2016, 04:51 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

You say the issues were fixed. Just what were they?

Old 11-14-2016, 05:53 PM
Lou'sUltra
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,273 Likes on 1,264 Posts

Sounds reasonable but I doubt they go for it. Good Luck though and keep us updated.

Quick Reply: Buy Back????