General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did your dealership do for you?

Old 01-10-2017, 12:33 AM
Ghost_Glide
Advanced
Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts
Default What did your dealership do for you?

When you rang the bell what was something that the dealership did in appreciation for your purchase? I bought '17 Road Glide at Seacoast HD in Hampton, NH. One of the "perks" if you will, with a purchase is a HD picture frame with a pic of you and your bike in front of the bar and shield outiside and on the bottom picutre slot, your bikes "birth certificate". It gives the assembly date and specs of your bike. It truly is a nice gesture. Its def something you can throw on the mantle or wall and be proud of it. I bought my dyna at a dealership in MA (wont name names) but didnt get nearly the customer service as i did here. I would like to hear other stories if you have any.

-GG

Old 01-10-2017, 03:13 AM
Daytona Fat Boy
Road Warrior
Received 187 Likes on 151 Posts

In this town they tell you how lucky you were that they allowed you to spend your money at their dealership.

Old 01-10-2017, 03:54 AM
Marty31
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I bought 3 though a dealer near me and got nothing but the bike.

Old 01-10-2017, 03:54 AM
slodsm
Road Master
Received 353 Likes on 215 Posts

I've never bought a new Harley, never even bought one at my local dealer. When I bought this one though I did the rider to rider financing through Harley at the dealership around the corner from my house. From that day on, when I walk in there to pick up a part or random whatchamajigger or chrome what nots to add horsepower, I'm greeted at the door, at the parts counter, by the sales manager if he walks by, and so on. And most of them greet me by name, the sales manager that did my paperwork remembers what I bought and when and always asks how it's treating me, and the list goes on. And this isn't a small dealership.

Because of that, when I do finally buy a new Harley off the showroom floor assuming my wife ever stops perpetually going to school with me paying for it, I will go straight there and order it if they don't have it or get it brought over from another dealer (Part of the Adam Smith dealership network for those of you in North TX) and they will have my business for life.

They treat everyone who walks through the door like they buy a new touring bike for cash every year and never need a warranty claim lol. Great guys who know how to earn your business.

Old 01-10-2017, 06:46 AM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,997 Likes on 2,815 Posts

They told me not to ring the bell because it was only for people who buy a bike.

Old 01-10-2017, 07:24 AM
psu2008
Advanced
Received 28 Likes on 6 Posts

Nothing special at HD of Frederick, just a good deal and nice people that remember you, which is all I can really ask for.

Old 01-10-2017, 07:42 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 813 Likes on 799 Posts

What Bell.... I only got a $1000 off the bike, 2 free oil changes, 20% off everything I bought for a yr and of course a HD T-shirt.... but they didn't have any BELL to ring...

Old 01-10-2017, 08:34 AM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,934 Likes on 2,342 Posts

Lets see, my wife and I have bought 11 new bikes, five of which are CVO from the same dealer since April 2007.

Last few I never even bothered to ring the bell. My wife always rings the bell when she gets one.

What do we get? A very good price on the new bike, a very good price on the trade. A salesman and general sales manager that even on vacation make call dealer to make sure my new CVO is ready for delivery the morning after it got unloaded from the truck. A salesman that helps me pull a huge surprise on my wife with a new bike. She had a custom painted 11 Street glide, with 48K on it. Convinced my wife it was recalled for brake work and they needed it for 3 days. All her body work was switched to a 13. So a heck of surprise when she picked her bike, and it only had 8 miles on it.

What do we get: Fantastic service. Very important to me, as I work off shore, gone a lot. Yet they take care of my wife and her two bikes. Have never tired to take advantage of her.

Very glad to have the dealership we have to do business with. Owner is very involved, and an excellent rider.

Old 01-10-2017, 08:34 AM
Mabbott
Tourer
Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Talked them down a little over $1000 on their asking price for a used 08 deluxe. Free tee shirt for me and my wife, 10% off all accessories and they do a little "poker run" inside the dealership. Go to all the different departments and pick a card. They all lie and I ended up getting 5 of a kind lol, which gave me $100 gift card to buy hd stuff. They also gave me a pretty cool wood chest to keep stuff in. Oh they also gave me a free back seat for my wife.

Old 01-10-2017, 08:40 AM
07FXSTOki
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by oct1949
What Bell.... I only got a $1000 off the bike, 2 free oil changes, 20% off everything I bought for a yr and of course a HD T-shirt.... but they didn't have any BELL to ring...
Pretty much the same for me at Battle Creek HD in MI. $ 1,000 off, first three services free, 10 % off a purchase and a tee shirt. Spent the 10 % off on the Led bag filler panels that they installed before I picked up the bike. Had to get rid of them gapping holes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did your dealership do for you?