General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Humm, did Love Jugs finally copy Wards???

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 02:41 PM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,647 Likes on 1,076 Posts

I guess my point is, people are looking for a definitive answer when there obviously isn't one, otherwise it would be posted. Sign up on the waiting/notification list and you'll get the notification when they're available. I'm sure that waiting list people will have first crack at them as well.

"BUT I NEED IT TODAY!!!!" Good grief....

Old 02-25-2017, 02:45 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts

Originally Posted by Cygnusx51
I guess my point is, people are looking for a definitive answer when there obviously isn't one, otherwise it would be posted. Sign up on the waiting/notification list and you'll get the notification when they're available. I'm sure that waiting list people will have first crack at them as well.

"BUT I NEED IT TODAY!!!!" Good grief....
Done without out this long if it never happens my bike won't melt.

Old 02-25-2017, 03:11 PM
DezertDawg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by golfblues
Not so simple as that 30 to 40 days has been there for two weeks and has not changed so when did that 30 to 40 days start? I think it would be updated as time gets closer but it's not. Number 2 I filled out the form to be on a waiting list and emailed it to their address info@lovejugs and that was 2 weeks ago and I have not gotten a response so I don't even kniw if I'm on the list. No difference to me as I'm in no rush but if they would spend more time with updates instead of saying how great they are it would be better for the customer relations.

On the other hand navigating Wards site was no picnic either
Thank You!
My sentiments exactly

Old 02-25-2017, 04:00 PM
kwo51
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 44 Posts

Got tired of bike going into limp mode. With Jason's fans now 3 years and no limp mode. This is a Florida bike . I seem to remember back some years ago that the wheel barrel was patented 200 years after invented. Hope Jason is well. HD parade fans and LJ's are ugly. JMO.

Old 02-25-2017, 04:30 PM
Love Jugs
Former Sponsor
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Good Day,

We are happy to see so many of you anxious to get your Mighty Mites.
We will be taking orders on or before this coming Wednesday, March 1st. There are a whole bunch of orders to ship so please bear with us. We strongly anticipate that everyone on the waiting list will receive their Mighty-Mites in March. We are hoping that most will be shipped out before March 15th.

If you have e-mailed us to be on the waiting list you will receive a return e-mail instructing you to go to our web site and place your order. We think that we have everyone recorded but if you do not get an e-mail before 6PM Eastern time on Wednesday please send us another e-mail just to make sure we have you.

Of course being on the the waiting list does not obligate you in any way to make a purchase. It just assures you that you will be guaranteed to receive your Mighty-Mights on the first run at the guaranteed price - no matter what.

We are sorry that it took a little longer than expected to get everything in order but we're confident that you will find the wait a minor inconvenience once you mount your Mighty-Mites and feel the difference in your ride.

We welcome your evaluations to be posted on this Forum. It will be helpful to all to get the first hand opinions of those who are actually using the product.

Finally, Dave and I want to thank you for your patience. We know at the bottom of all of the opinions expressed on this Forum, that each of you cares deeply for your motorcycle and that you want the best protection for your engine and the most comfort for your ride. Hammerhead Engineering, LLC is dedicated to provide those benefits for you, and we leave no stone unturned to give you our best every time.

Ride Safe - Ride Cool, Steve

Old 02-25-2017, 04:42 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts

Steve, will the mighty mite and your mounting bracket work with a minibeast horn on a softail?

Old 02-25-2017, 05:56 PM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,004 Likes on 2,817 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluraven
I didn't say that "Wards" copied "Love Jugs" fan.
"Wards" copied "Love Jugs" idea.
Isn't that kind of like saying that Harley-Davidson copied Indian's idea when they built their motorcycle?

Old 02-25-2017, 07:36 PM
DezertDawg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Love Jugs
Good Day,

We are happy to see so many of you anxious to get your Mighty Mites.
We will be taking orders on or before this coming Wednesday, March 1st.

Ride Safe - Ride Cool, Steve
Thank You Steve. That is all I was asking for. I appreciate your response.

Old 07-06-2017, 01:07 PM
Skidmark63
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Not posted in here for a awhile....was laid up with 2 knee surg's and the bikes sat there and cussed me for no use. LOL . Getting bikes back ready now tho.

I have no dogs in this 11 page hunt at all to preface this. I tournament bass fish a lot. Most every lure maker gets their lures copied, patent or not. The word is....all you have to do is change the copy 10% of the patented one and you are ok. I do not agree with that but that is how it is. I am certainly no lawyer either. Look at Bass Pro Shops. Nearly every one of their bags of plastic lures is a direct knock off of another company and sold for a cheaper price. Small bait makers like a friend of mine...a one guy biz in his garage got sent a cease letter from Z Man Lures (they are famous for those) due to him making something similar but different enough. Long story but Z Man is a POS co. He changed to a totally diff way with great success. The next yr, Z Man puts out one exactly like his new and improved version. It happens all the time what whatever product.

I dunno who copied what on the air coolers. Even if the LJ Mighty Mite looks like a Wards....if the internals are at least 10% diff than Wards....they are ok. Same with Wards. If he copied LJ and was the 10% diff...all good. That is today's business world and really how it always been. Look up Ford and windshield wipers decades ago LOL.

Last edited by Skidmark63; 07-06-2017 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:49 PM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark@ Baker Drivetrain
I think it was a dick move by Florida to start growing a style of avocado that was already being grown in California.
Florida is known for dick moves. The worst, of course, was naming a city "Miami" in the late 1890's (even though the Miami River and Miami Indians were in Ohio), then forming a university there in the 1920's and calling it the University of Miami, thus creating permanent confusion with the REAL Miami University, in Oxford, Ohio, which was founded more than a hundred years earlier, in 1809. Then to have the audacity to insist that writers refer to the real one thereafter as "Miami of Ohio."

Not that we're sensitive about it or anything.....But I do have a t-shirt somewhere that says, quite accurately that "Miami was a university when Florida still belonged to Spain." (Very true. Miami Univ. was founded in 1809. The US acquired the Florida territory from Spain in 1821. It didn't become a state until 1845. The city of Miami wasn't incorporated until 1896)

Wait, this was what this thread was about, wasn't it? If not, for the record, whether you liked Wards fans better or not is irrelevant. If Love Jugs had a patent on the technology that was utilized in the Wards fans, they are in the right and are the "good guys" here. Wards had no right to use Love Jugs technology in their product. Simple as that. The Wards folks undoubtedly consulted a lawyer and realized that they could be required to pay Love Jugs a royalty on every product they sold and/or pay Love Jugs their lost profits. That's after spending a fortune to defend their losing position in a patent infringement lawsuit. I'm sure that's why they left the business. I don't understand the animosity some are expressing toward Love Jugs for defending their intellectual property.

Quick Reply: Humm, did Love Jugs finally copy Wards???