General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unhappy with dealer

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 09:27 AM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,863 Likes on 4,113 Posts

This is going to be another thread of an unhappy buyer who posts his sob story about a dealer expecting everyone to have sympathy for him but it's the antithesis.

Originally Posted by billib1954
Sounds like he failed to do his due diligence before making the purchase and now has found he could have done better elsewhere.

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
I'm sorry, when you posted "Bought a new bike. Included in my financing was a Stage 4 upgrade.", given the fact that "bought" and "Included" are both in the past tense, I assumed you had paid for it.
Yes. My impression also was that he purchased a bike with a Stage 4 upgrade and financed the bike, the upgrade, labor and possibly the ESP as well. I am of the understanding that the papers have been signed --> OP owns the bike.

The question is did the dealer give some type of discount off the price of the bike because he was doing the upgrade? If so, you can't just refund the upgrade and labor.

The ESP is a simple refund and adjustment of the loan balance.

I see several options:
1. The OP is SOL
2. The OP lets the dealer do the upgrade and that's that.
3. OP takes the bike from the dealer without the upgrade and has the Stage 4 done elsewhere. Dealer keeps the $ for the upgrade.
4. The dealer buys back the (used) bike without the upgrade and he buys another new bike without the upgrade.
5. They tear up the old contract and sit down to renegotiate a new one for just the bike.

The bottom line is there is absolutely no fault of the dealer here, only the OP.

Old 02-22-2017, 09:44 AM
Dick1964
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talked to dealer. He has agreed to give the 15% off on parts like his competitor advertised.

Thanks to to those that actually tried to help.

When did asking things on a forum make you a whiner? Do my own research? Go shut down half the forum asking about exhaust, oil and tires.

Old 02-22-2017, 09:44 AM
sailmotion
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7,838 Likes on 3,236 Posts

Originally Posted by Dick1964
No. Getting screwed on 7% parts discount instead of 15% isn't remorse. It's math. You can get 15% anywhere.
I'm rich as ****. It's principal.
Couple of observations:

1) If you're "rich as ****", hire a lawyer and stop taking the cheap way out asking for laymen's opinions;
2) you might need to update your screen name to "Dick2017".

The following 2 users liked this post by sailmotion:
crazytown (02-23-2017), Scudda (02-24-2017)
Old 02-22-2017, 09:49 AM
Wowser
Road Warrior
Received 423 Likes on 257 Posts

Do my own research? Go shut down half the forum asking about exhaust, oil and tires.
I tried, got banned.

Old 02-22-2017, 09:50 AM
1BRAVO9
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 579 Likes on 270 Posts

Talked to dealer. He has agreed to give the 15% off on parts like his competitor advertised.

When did asking things on a forum make you a whiner? Do my own research? Go shut down half the forum asking about exhaust, oil and tires.

Ask in a more coherent way and you would probably get better answers.

The following 2 users liked this post by 1BRAVO9:
Crazy (02-23-2017), Scudda (02-24-2017)
Old 02-22-2017, 09:51 AM
Dick1964
Cruiser

Originally Posted by billib1954
Sounds like he failed to do his due diligence before making the purchase and now has found he could have done better elsewhere.
This is the best answer above. I bought spur of the moment. I was getting an inspection on one bike and for some crazy reason I decided to trade in and buy a new one.
A few hours after the purchase, I saw another dealer giving 15% off parts and labor for stage four installations. I wanted my dealer to match that. Which they now have. But I wanted opinions in case they did not.

Old 02-22-2017, 09:53 AM
Dick1964
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Machiavelli
Ask in a more coherent way and you would probably get better answers.
and how do you ask coherently at one in the morning after drinking 30 beers?

Old 02-22-2017, 09:55 AM
1BRAVO9
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 579 Likes on 270 Posts

and how do you ask coherently at one in the morning after drinking 30 beers?

touche'

you got me there

Old 02-22-2017, 10:01 AM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,863 Likes on 4,113 Posts

So all of this was because of an 8% difference on parts? Really? Why didn't you just wait the 11 hours it took to speak to the dealer before starting this thread? There would have been no need to start the thread if you just waited. Now your butt hurt given some of the remarks.

It makes you a whiner when you post this (below).
Besides, you did pay the dealer to do the upgrade when you signed the papers. The lender paid them and you owe the lender. Stating "Not going to either" is childish. They're "thiefs" because they only gave you 7% instead of 15%? Apparently in this case you didn't do your "own research" well.

In the end I'm glad you're happy.

I haven't paid anyone to do anything. Not going to either. I have to ask if this was an opinion or law?
I also bought extended warranty. Canceling it. I would assume the original thiefs would have to perform the work to get paid. I'll call finance tomorrow and get difinitve answer. Thanks.
No. Getting screwed on 7% parts discount instead of 15% isn't remorse. It's math. You can get 15% anywhere.
I'm rich as ****. It's principal.

Old 02-22-2017, 10:03 AM
Dick1964
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Bone Doc
So all of this was because of an 8% difference on parts? Really? Why didn't you just wait the 11 hours it took to speak to the dealer before starting this thread? There would have been no need to start the thread if you just waited. Now your butt hurt given some of the remarks.

It makes you a whiner when you post this (below).
Besides, you did pay the dealer to do the upgrade when you signed the papers. The lender paid them and you owe the lender. Stating "Not going to either" is childish. They're "thiefs" because they only gave you 7% instead of 15%? Apparently in this case you didn't do your "own research" well.

In the end I'm glad you're happy.
why are you still carrying on in a thread that has been resolved?

Quick Reply: Unhappy with dealer