General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I finally bought a Harley pics included

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 06:06 AM
wideglideCVO
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,380 Likes on 808 Posts

Nice, be safe.

Old 02-26-2017, 06:14 AM
EricRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 629 Posts

Welcome aboard. Very nice, good times ahead.

Old 02-26-2017, 06:17 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,561 Likes on 5,153 Posts

Looks great enjoy the ride .

Old 02-26-2017, 07:01 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,232 Likes on 1,810 Posts

As has been mentioned ...Most of the "S" is gone (FXDS) and some "B" and "X" have been added as well as custom parts (Those Sliders are from an era before they even made Dynas (but that's OK)). Have pictures with you when you go for parts. You may also want to ask here first (with pics) before ordering online or you might get frustrated and the hassle with incorrect parts

Originally Posted by Viper0463
...The belt looks wider than the others I've seen... I was told it's gear driven cams though I have no way of knowing for sure.
The belt is wider because it's a 99...and you can take the cover off

Good Luck

Old 02-26-2017, 07:13 AM
HAOLE
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,170 Likes on 1,611 Posts

Howzit and Greetings from Houston and a Displaced Cut N Shoot Texan

Haole

Old 02-26-2017, 07:26 AM
CMac
Cruiser
Location: Armpit of the Free World (Washington, DC metro area)
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

After some searching with a very fixed budget I found a bike I liked and so I bought it. I paid $4500 and took her home. It's a 1999 Harley Davidson FXDS Convertible. What do you guys think?
Jealous....that's a sweet looking bike. Price looks pretty good for the shape she's in, too.

Ride the s#it out of it now.

Old 02-26-2017, 09:28 AM
AJSHOVEL
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,381 Likes on 4,119 Posts

I love the look. Someone spent a ton on mods to make her look like an early FL. It "may" be slammed a little too low for my taste though. That front end looks to have almost zero travel. You can always add a couple inches. The wiring job on the bars needs some attention (looks like crap), but that's easily fixed. I'd run it through the bars.
I would say overall she was VERY nicely bought. I wouldn't change the fenders. That's what give it the cool look IMHO. Probably very few in the country like it. Have fun.

Old 02-26-2017, 09:32 AM
Viper0463
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AJSHOVEL
I love the look. Someone spent a ton on mods to make her look like an early FL. It "may" be slammed a little too low for my taste though. That front end looks to have almost zero travel. You can always add a couple inches. The wiring job on the bars needs some attention (looks like crap), but that's easily fixed. I'd run it through the bars.
I would say overall she was VERY nicely bought. I wouldn't change the fenders. That's what give it the cool look IMHO. Probably very few in the country like it. Have fun.
bringing up the front is at the top of the list of things to do.

Old 02-26-2017, 10:01 AM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,510 Likes on 803 Posts

as far as the fenders go I actually may change them out eventually and put something similar to a softail deuce on the rear and on something similar to a street Bob on the front. The front end is a little of a concern for me as I don't know what it is and if I need seals I'll have a problem ordering.
Originally Posted by AJSHOVEL
bringing up the front is at the top of the list of things to do.

I personally also like the fenders. There are a bunch of people in the Dyna section who have modded our bikes into what we call "FL Dynas." https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...ront-ends.html and https://www.hdforums.com/forum/group...est-group.html

It looks like the rear of your bike is slammed also with lowering blocks.

Old 02-26-2017, 02:06 PM
mike5380
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks awesome, man. Very clean and sounds like a great deal.

Ride Safe.

Quick Reply: I finally bought a Harley pics included