General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shark Evoline 3 Mezcal...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 05:15 PM
RFG7680
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,280 Likes on 733 Posts
Default Shark Evoline 3 Mezcal...

Just ordered one. Anyone here running one. Since I dumped the Ultra, no tourpack. I generally wear the 3/4. And the modular on long runs and foul weather. Love that this helmet gives me the ability to have a 3/4 and a full face all in one. And it looks super cool. Black, chrome and white.

The following users liked this post:
fingersicu812 (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 05:46 PM
Buelligan666
Stellar HDF Member
Received 640 Likes on 333 Posts

Very nice! I always wanted to try a Roof modular, but they weren't available here in the US.

Old 02-25-2017, 06:52 PM
Sparkee...
Road Master
Received 226 Likes on 142 Posts

Looks good, I have also been looking at the Evoline for touring. The Mezkal is a cool design. I like how the graphics line up when the chin guard is up and down.

Old 02-25-2017, 07:30 PM
SiggerTX
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Been using the Evoline 3 for a little over a year. Very high quality lid. It's a little heavier than other modulars but one nice thing is you don't get that sail effect when you run it open.

Old 02-25-2017, 08:26 PM
thirt8spl
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Been using the Evoline 2 for 6 years. I got in on clearance when the 3's were coming out. I absolutely love the helmet. The 3 is supposed to "breathe" better and cooler that the 2. This helmet does all - I use it on any ride over 2 miles and the full face mode is great for cold and rain. In the 3/4 config, there is absolutely no aero drag. The only 2 maintenance items I can recommend are to keep the top visor seal lubricated - if it dries out, the shield (when you put it up and down) will fold it down from its normal V channel that keeps rain out. The helmet should come with a little bottle of Shark Lube, I used that then just put a little silicone spray on a rag and wipe the seal with that. I also had one of the little screws at the side pivot point come loose. I had to find a non-matching screw to hold the cover on - no biggie but snug them every now and then.

Last edited by thirt8spl; 02-25-2017 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Cuz I can't type
Old 02-25-2017, 09:28 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,628 Likes on 1,176 Posts

I have the Evoline carbon fiber version, very nice & about 3/4 pound lighter than the standard.

When I bought mine they weren't sold here.... probably missing some certification. I ended up getting it online from a place in the Netherlands, no issues. Don't know if they can be bought here now.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the LINKS below... For all Twin Cams and Evo Big Twins & Sporsters

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 02-26-2017, 11:22 AM
dandrumheller
Road Master
Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

I've had the evoline 3 on my radar for a while to replace my GMax modular. A couple questions to you guys using them:

How is wind noise in full face mode? GMax is more obnoxious than my half helmet in this regard on the highway.

Do you notice any helmet vibration from turbulence coming up under windshield or fairing? On my Sportster with no shield it wasn't an issue, but particularly on the Deluxe, the airflow coming up under the windshield seemed to catch the bottom edge of the helmet, making it shake badly. Extremely distracting at highway speed.

Old 02-26-2017, 04:28 PM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,509 Likes on 802 Posts

Dang, I thought this tread was going to be about liquor.

Nice looking helmet. I've been considering modular for a while. I might check that one out.

Old 02-26-2017, 07:48 PM
RFG7680
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,280 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy
Dang, I thought this tread was going to be about liquor.

Nice looking helmet. I've been considering modular for a while. I might check that one out.
The nice thing is the chin bar folds all the way back and it's a 3/4 helmet for around town and slow cruising.

I bought mine on Amazon and is being shipped from Florida.

Old 02-26-2017, 08:14 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Looks like a good lid. Nice.

Quick Reply: Shark Evoline 3 Mezcal...