General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NORTH GA MOUNTAINS

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 10:40 PM
MR. SCOOTINN
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NORTH GA MOUNTAINS

Anyone have any really good ride routes,,through the n ga mountains...i am heading from atlanta north...want to take some rides & see the best the mountains have to offer.thanks

Old 06-23-2007, 11:50 PM
x2lee
Banned
Default RE: NORTH GA MOUNTAINS

run North on 17 up thro helen and beyond all that up there is gorgeous. Go up brasstown bald and you can see 4 states from there. Theres a lot of riders and motorcycle shops in Helen and dont miss Pauls steakhouses prime rib and huge shrimp.
Enjoy....

ORIGINAL: MR. SCOOTINN

Anyone have any really good ride routes,,through the n ga mountains...i am heading from atlanta north...want to take some rides & see the best the mountains have to offer.thanks

Old 06-24-2007, 12:49 AM
jmehal
Cruiser

You almost can't go wrong in N Ga, there are manygreat roads. It's my back yard!

East to west there is Ga 136, and Ga 52 and Ga53

South to North, Ga 9 north up into Dahlonega, then 19 north from there up towards Blairsvillefor some serious mountain switchbacks.

South of Blairsville on 19 you can jog east onto 180 for maybe a mile andhit the Richard B Russel scenic hwy Ga 348 south towards Helen.

Just north of Helen there's 356 to 197.

Ga 60 north of Dahlonega is another great route, going up through Suches.

Dahlonega is a great "hub" to get to a lot of these roads easily.

you can certainly make a very full day of it.

Go to Google Maps and enter Dahlonega Ga, and you'll be able to see all of the roads i mentioned.

Enjoy!

joe

Old 06-24-2007, 01:09 AM
Canedog
Cruiser

Come up to Cartersville then pick up 411 at the Harley shop go up 411 North to Chatsworth then up over Fort Mountian (follow the signs forsenic By way) this will take you over to Ellijay follow Hwy 52 around through the mountians. I have rode those roads so much I can't remember the Hi-way numbers, just pick up a map and look at anything off of 52 or around Dalongea, Blairsville, Ellijay, Tate, Dawsonville. If you make it to Dasonville go downtown to the sqaure there is a little place to eat just off the square called the "Pool Hall" real cool place. Any NASCAR fans remember Bill Elliott is from Dawsonville --- Wild Bill from Dawsonville ,, well the Pool Hall has all kind of nascasr stuff from Bill.
Dog

Old 06-24-2007, 01:12 AM
Canedog
Cruiser

Here is a link to most great rides in Ga:

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/ga.html

Old 06-24-2007, 10:33 AM
BWLucky13
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make the run up to Rome and cruise the Berry College campus (World's largest college campus) off US27 just north of town. If there ever was a Camelot, this is what it looked like. Continue on north up 27 to 156 and cut east to the Floyd Springs Rd and take a left (north) and you will head up an ever tightening valley and eventually through the "Pocket." This is lovely country with very little road traffic.

Old 06-24-2007, 11:46 AM
MR. SCOOTINN
Tourer

appreciate all the help...i recently moved to georgia from jupiter fl...so i know the coast well...but not the mountains...one thing i am going to miss is the g-strings...lol...oh well...i will just have to have my wife meet the right friends...thanks again..

Old 06-24-2007, 07:01 PM
oldbikenut
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jmehal

You almost can't go wrong in N Ga, there are manygreat roads. It's my back yard!

East to west there is Ga 136, and Ga 52 and Ga53

South to North, Ga 9 north up into Dahlonega, then 19 north from there up towards Blairsvillefor some serious mountain switchbacks.

South of Blairsville on 19 you can jog east onto 180 for maybe a mile andhit the Richard B Russel scenic hwy Ga 348 south towards Helen.

Just north of Helen there's 356 to 197.

Ga 60 north of Dahlonega is another great route, going up through Suches.

Dahlonega is a great "hub" to get to a lot of these roads easily.

you can certainly make a very full day of it.

Go to Google Maps and enter Dahlonega Ga, and you'll be able to see all of the roads i mentioned.

Enjoy!

joe
Great roads, just one caution. Beware the Squids. Monkeys on crotch rockets, with a lot more horsepower than sense.