General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What kind of riding are you into?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 04:52 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: What kind of riding are you into?

I prefer the back roads, I use thefreeway if I need to get somewhere quicker or time is limited on a long trip.I love twistys and fast sweepers, I just really like ride anywhere cause that beats not being on the bike.

Old 07-16-2007, 04:56 PM
Road Toad
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

No bar hopping for me. Long rides, short rides, back roads. Interstates when there isn't a back road or I'm in a real hurry which isn't very often.

Old 07-16-2007, 04:58 PM
narosar
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ride to/from work, the store, visit friends.... I always take the long way, no hurry, nice easy cruise, no real twisties in my normal ride

Old 07-16-2007, 05:10 PM
US Rider
Cruiser

-Road trips, I'm usually contemplating the next one before I finish the one I'm on.
-An afternoon or evening cruise down the beach can make a good ending to a weekend.
-Sometimes I can hear it calling from the garage and it just doesn't matter why or where.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:13 PM
Doodad
Outstanding HDF Member

Like rides of 100-300 miles in the mountains. Very small group OK, solo is fine too.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:16 PM
tda69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I'll take whatever I can get given the time constaints, just to fit a ride in. I prefer to tour though. I enjoy canyon rides but not scraping floorboards on my Ultra. I've done it a few times and it just doesn't seem natural on that big bike. I like to ride the coast up to Santa Barbara for example, hang out up there for a couple of days, maybe take some rides through Paso Robles, or Cambria, then back down the coast to Orange County. I also do a lot of canyon riding, I suppose it's because it's the closest we have to a country back road. There I can really take in the scenery and relax. I guess at this point, after riding bikes for 30 years, 22 years on the street my style of riding has changed a lot. Like you I was a speed junkie too. My first real bike was a Yamaha Seca 650, then went to a Ninja 900, then a Yamaha FJ 1100, then a BMW K75, a Honda Nighthawk 700SC and finally the HD Ultra. Of all the bikes, I miss my Yamaha Seca 650 the most (first street bike) but nothing compares to the Ultra. I like having all the comforts and NO fatigue after a day of riding.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:16 PM
lenrough
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As long as it doesn't involve "rush hour", "grid lock", or "construction zone" I'm good for it. Been known to make a 400 mile lap for a cold beer, good BBQ,or a juicy burger so what's a few hundred more miles a day toend upat "no place in particular"?

Old 07-16-2007, 05:20 PM
officespacedout!
Banned

I am the odd man out... I like going fast! I like rattling cagers off the line and feel the pull of the twin. If I could have two motorcycles I would own a Harley Street rod with a 240 rear tire and lot of performance upgrades. And a Fat boy with lots of performance up grades. Then I could satisfiy my twistie demons or the torque demons or both just depends on the day.
But most of the time I just ride to work really fast! but safe...(but fast!)

Old 07-16-2007, 05:26 PM
Midwest Muscle
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mostly due to time, I've gotten used to shorter trips ... Just a 60-90 minute cruise down roads I've never been on does it for me. Something about the HD makes me find out the answer to, "Hmmm - I wonder where this little road goes."

Old 07-16-2007, 05:40 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Road Toad

No bar hopping for me. Long rides, short rides, back roads. Interstates when there isn't a back road or I'm in a real hurry which isn't very often.
Was curious of your sig pic which isn't showing, went to the url, and there it is,,,, nice sidecar rig you have. Maybe one of those mods can fix the image code, or you might try this [IMG] [/IMG] and put the url inbetween, there's been times you have to put the full word instead of [img]

Quick Reply: What kind of riding are you into?