General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Outlaws MC Raided by FBI

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 08:08 AM
Biggol
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outlaws MC Raided by FBI

You can find the story here.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...?storyid=89130

FBI Raids Outlaws Motorcycle Club Compound

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- In a precise and coordinated raid, the FBI searched buildings associated with the Outlaws Motorcycle Club in several cities Wednesday. Agents scoured a fenced compound in Arlington for hours.

With help from the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office, the FBI searched a compound on Holland Street, near State Road 9A and Merrill Road.

As morning traffic buzzed by on the Southside Connector, the feds and their friends flooded the wooded side street. They stormed at least two large sheds, a house, and other buildings.

Signs hanging on the fence out front read "Outlaw" and "Clubhouse."

Neighbors -- too worried about retribution to talk on camera -- say agents banged on buildings in the back of the compound at about 7 a.m. Other officers and agents swarmed the main house.

The search that followed stretched into the afternoon.

The FBI wouldn't say what it seized inside the 1.5 acre compound of buildings and sheds.

Neighbors said agents brought out bags full of evidence and even hauled away some plants -- but they neighbors weren't sure what kind of plants.

The Arlington raid started at the same time as one in Daytona Beach and another in Citrus County, an hour north of Tampa.

"The indictment paints a picture not of a harmless group of motorcycle enthusiasts, but of an international, organized, and violent criminal gang," said U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales.

Gonzales was in Detroit, where another raid snagged eleven Outlaws members who've been indicted for a range of crimes involving extortion, drugs, and guns. Five more Outlaws members from the Detroit area are still at large, Gonzales said.

"The indictment alleges that the defendants committed, attempted, and threatened to commit acts of violence to protect and expand the gang's criminal operations," Gonzales said.

Around six o'clock Wednesday, driving cars and a van stuffed with evidence from an eleven-hour search, the feds rolled out.

Then the Outlaws rolled in. A group of bikers roared down the road and pulled back into the fenced complex.

The FBI did not announce any arrests from their day-long Arlington raid, but Gonzales did promise more prosecutions in the future.[/align]

[/align]

Old 08-16-2007, 08:09 AM
wisemx
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Outlaws MC Raided by FBI

Been there, done that, and still haven't gotten my "stuff" back. [:@]

Old 08-16-2007, 08:16 AM
Biggol
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: wisemx

Been there, done that, and still haven't gotten my "stuff" back. [:@]
And likely never will [:@]

Imet a couple of guys from the Outlaws a quite a few years back and they were decent folks. They were polite, repectful and werehappy to talk about thier rides.

I know the old MC's get a bad rap and every once in a while things like this happen that still casts them in abad light, but the MC's to worry about now are the ones that form a group of stunt riders and fly down the interstate slapping car windows and starting trouble. Those guys will make your day take a turn for the worse for no reason at all.

The older cruiser MC's have a respect system at least.Mainly just posting this for Florida riders that hangout at some of the places the Outlaws do. They may be less than thrilled for a while.

Old 08-16-2007, 08:19 AM
JamieCarr
Banned

So the Outlaws rolled back in,.....and the FBI didn't arrest any of them??? Wow somethings wrong with this picture.....and the Fbi didn't announce what they seized!? ,....guess like they didn't get what they were hoping for,.........too bad......

Old 08-16-2007, 08:24 AM
Biggol
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Seth

So the Outlaws rolled back in,.....and the FBI didn't arrest any of them??? Wow somethings wrong with this picture.....and the Fbi didn't announce what they seized!? ,....guess like they didn't get what they were hoping for,.........too bad......
The plants they removed were probably ferns and ficas trees for decoration!

Old 08-16-2007, 08:48 AM
DeJavu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Or they got what they wanted and are smoking it right now.

Old 08-16-2007, 08:51 AM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

Wow, the Feds "stormed the compound" and "flooded the woods" then they left with the van "stuffed" with evidence. The Outlaws "roared" into the compound to find there ficus missing. Good work.

Old 08-16-2007, 08:58 AM
EasternSP
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21,895 Likes on 8,425 Posts

"Then the Outlaws rolled in. A group of bikers roared down the road and pulled back into the fenced complex." Hmmmmmm, I get the mental image of a hugh, endless string of furious bikers, growling at anyone and everything on the street, with retribution in their eyes. Was that the image the writer was trying to convey, or was this a small riding group like H.O.G. recommends so it doesn't interfere with other traffic, but the colors scared the begeezers outa the writer?

Old 08-16-2007, 09:45 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 334 Likes on 203 Posts

I haven't lived there in over 10 years, but I still call Jacksonville my hometown. The Outlaws have a history there. I believe in the late 70's their leader at the time was killed by a car bomb. I had a friend cold-**** one memeber outside a bar. He only livedto tell about it because we got his a** out of there quick!. In the mid-90's I played in band that was part of a lineup of several bands there to support ABATE. After we finished, the Outlaws roared in. I left, but found out later there was a near riot because their favorite band was postponed. Nasty bunch. I always gave them plenty of room...

Old 08-16-2007, 10:00 AM
Ratbasturd
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Biggol

You can find the story here.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...?storyid=89130

FBI Raids Outlaws Motorcycle Club Compound

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- In a precise and coordinated raid, the FBI searched buildings associated with the Outlaws Motorcycle Club in several cities Wednesday. Agents scoured a fenced compound in Arlington for hours.

With help from the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office, the FBI searched a compound on Holland Street, near State Road 9A and Merrill Road.

As morning traffic buzzed by on the Southside Connector, the feds and their friends flooded the wooded side street. They stormed at least two large sheds, a house, and other buildings.

Signs hanging on the fence out front read "Outlaw" and "Clubhouse."

Neighbors -- too worried about retribution to talk on camera -- say agents banged on buildings in the back of the compound at about 7 a.m. Other officers and agents swarmed the main house.

The search that followed stretched into the afternoon.

The FBI wouldn't say what it seized inside the 1.5 acre compound of buildings and sheds.

Neighbors said agents brought out bags full of evidence and even hauled away some plants -- but they neighbors weren't sure what kind of plants.

The Arlington raid started at the same time as one in Daytona Beach and another in Citrus County, an hour north of Tampa.

"The indictment paints a picture not of a harmless group of motorcycle enthusiasts, but of an international, organized, and violent criminal gang," said U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales.

Gonzales was in Detroit, where another raid snagged eleven Outlaws members who've been indicted for a range of crimes involving extortion, drugs, and guns. Five more Outlaws members from the Detroit area are still at large, Gonzales said.

"The indictment alleges that the defendants committed, attempted, and threatened to commit acts of violence to protect and expand the gang's criminal operations," Gonzales said.

Around six o'clock Wednesday, driving cars and a van stuffed with evidence from an eleven-hour search, the feds rolled out.

Then the Outlaws rolled in. A group of bikers roared down the road and pulled back into the fenced complex.

The FBI did not announce any arrests from their day-long Arlington raid, but Gonzales did promise more prosecutions in the future.[/align]

[/align]
About 3 weeks ago the Feds hit a Bandido house in my hood, didn't take anybody or anything.

Maybe the MCs are being so good the Feds can't believe it and are hitting hang outs just to make sure.

Quick Reply: Outlaws MC Raided by FBI