General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

military pins on vest??

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 11:30 PM
hartick
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default military pins on vest??

im fresh out of the navy and cant find a submarine patch for my vest. is there any rules about wearing my sub pin on my vest?? i have already put my subs patch on the right chest area, just like the uniform had.

or if anyone knows where to find a smaller submarines patch that would be great. i have looked for the past 2 years and cant find one at any rallies i have been to.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:40 PM
ROLLNTIGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: military pins on vest??

I could be wrong but as long as you earned it I don't see anyone hasseling you about it. It's the one's sporting SEAL trident's or Ranger tabsand such, that I wonder about. While I was in Dallas last week I saw a car with "Congressional Medal of Honor" tags. I was curious about itso I googled CMH winners and to my surprise I found that there are some people that try to pass themselves off as a CMHawardee.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:42 PM
mtdave2
Cruiser

rules? you are no longer in the navy bro, put what ever the f%#k you want on your vest! deprograming takes a while, lol. took me 6 months to lean on a counter.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:43 PM
Pablo22
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 24 Posts

Rules made by whom? You earned it, wear it with pride! Who gives a rat's clinton what anyone else thinks?

Brings to mind a funny story - One night in Sturgis a guy came up to me and asked what the ribbon on my cut was for - I replied "Combat Action Ribbon - Navy/Marine Corps issue" He tells me about his service in the Army and serving during the Gulf War - I welcome him home and thank him for his service. As he walks away, guess which patch i see on the back of his vest???? You got it, Navy/Marine Corps Combat Action Ribbon - but he was in the Army!!! They're out there!

Old 08-21-2007, 11:43 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Im in the Navy now and see no problem with you wearing your dolphins pin that you earned. I would wear my ESWS pin on a vest and wouldnt think 2 things about it. I did a quick search and found this patch on the net from the submarine store ( www.submarinestore.com ) for $8.50.

Hope that helps you out some.

Chris

Old 08-21-2007, 11:44 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

If you earned it wear it, proudly. Many people that have not earned military patches wear them on vests etc. [:@]

Old 08-21-2007, 11:48 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Here's another:

[IMG]local://upfiles/1087/7887DF66AF244F57AA36B57C7BD018B1.jpg[/IMG]

http://www.subshipstore.com/patches.html

Old 08-21-2007, 11:50 PM
rodder37
Advanced

I say do what you want. You defended freedom....now enjoy your freedom. Feel free to do what you want. I think it is cool to look at patches, pins, or what ever that tells a story about someone. Rules? Make your own rules and fack anyone that doesn't like it.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:54 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Tripper

If you earned it wear it, proudly. Many people that have not earned military patches wear them on vests etc. [:@]
At the risk of being torn up one side and down the other by the vets here......

First, let me state that I've nothing but the utmost respect for veterans; both past and present.

Here is what I had done. My father was a decorated WWII Army Captain. I had taken a few of the patches that I was able to salvage from one of his WWII Uniforms and had them sewn on one of my riding vests on the lower front side. In the center of the patches I had an 'In Memory of' patch made with his name, rank, years and branch of service on it. The memorial patch is surrounded by some of my dad's 'earned' WWII patches. It's a tribute to my late father. No, I didn't earn the patches. And no, I don't go around telling folks that I did. It's in honor of my father. A tribute. And I can't tell you how many ol' timer's I've met as a result of having said memorium on one of my vests. By wearing such, I hope no veteran out there takes offense or sees this as a sign of disrespect. That's not the intention.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:58 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Not a thing wrong with wearing any military pin or patch on a vest, as long as it was earned.

Wear it with pride..

Quick Reply: military pins on vest??