General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The sound

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 09:42 PM
narosar
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The sound

ORIGINAL: anacharis

I've found that 50% of my riding enjoyment is listening to the engine.It has a calming effect,and just sounds like a bike outta.Whether wizzing along at 80,or running it thru the gears,it's like music.(Homo award?)
excellent post, you said it man...

Old 08-24-2007, 09:58 PM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The reason I have always loved the sound of a Harley so much.....even as a young kid........is is because you ALWAYS know its a Harley even without seeing the bike. It could be 04:00 and your under the covers with the AC on full blast, but when you hear "that sound".....you know its a HD. With jap bikes they all sound almost alike. All the jap in-line 4's....sound like jap in-line 4's.....or the jap twins, or the jap v configs. You just cant say....."wow that Yamaha sounded sweet" when you hear a run of the mill sport bike go past......you NEED to have eyes on to tell what make/model bike it is.

With the HD......you know its the real deal, and I know when I am riding home at 04:00 there is some 9 year old kid laying in bed listening to me rowing through the gears on my way up the hill.....saying to himself..."I'm getting a friggen HARLEY DAVIDSON as soon as I am old enough".

Old 08-24-2007, 10:27 PM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the HD......you know its the real deal, and I know when I am riding home at 04:00 there is some 9 year old kid laying in bed listening to me rowing through the gears on my way up the hill.....saying to himself..."I'm getting a friggen HARLEY DAVIDSON as soon as I am old enough".

Damn son, thats down right poetical.
Marsh

Old 08-25-2007, 01:33 AM
O6FXST
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: biz44

The reason I have always loved the sound of a Harley so much.....even as a young kid........is is because you ALWAYS know its a Harley even without seeing the bike. It could be 04:00 and your under the covers with the AC on full blast, but when you hear "that sound".....you know its a HD. With jap bikes they all sound almost alike. All the jap in-line 4's....sound like jap in-line 4's.....or the jap twins, or the jap v configs. You just cant say....."wow that Yamaha sounded sweet" when you hear a run of the mill sport bike go past......you NEED to have eyes on to tell what make/model bike it is.

Alternate ending....With the HD.....you know its the real deal, and I know when I am riding home at 04:00 there is some 90 year old man laying in bed listening to me rowing through the gears on my way up the hill.....saying to himself...."I'm getting my friggen rifle out and shoot that S.O.B some day"!