General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

learned a lesson today

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 08:32 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default learned a lesson today

my wife and i were to meet up with a "couple" of friends at a local dive this morning. when i get there and meet up with everybody i come to find out that is was more than a "couple"of other riders. it turned out to be about 15 bikes.
the lesson i learned from this is that the harley riders were the minority. only 4 harleys in this group, including mine. but let me tell you something. we are all the same, we all have one interest in our heart.
RIDING. it didnt matter what you rode or what you wear. i rode with some of the nicest people i have ever rode with. my wife and i will for sure be riding with them again. if your choice is a yamaha or a honda go for it. my choice is a harley always will be though. i will ride with anybody because that is what i want to do is ride

Old 09-09-2007, 08:38 PM
ronster
Road Master
Default RE: learned a lesson today

feel the same. some of the people i like to ride with the best don't have harley's.

Old 09-09-2007, 08:44 PM
tankerwyf
Banned Camp

I agree wholeheartedly! One of my MSF instructors, who is a GREAT guy, rides a sportbike. The other has Harleys and sportbikes...loves to ride everything. We saw them a month or so after our course when we were out on our bikes. The first one I mentioned lives in the same town that we do. I would ride with either of them any day, regardless what they ride. They're great guys, and just love to ride. Not to mention the fact that they taught me a LOT! I don't care what people ride...I'll ride with just about anybody as long as they ride safely. If they ride faster than me, fine...I'll catch up at the next stop!

Old 09-09-2007, 08:49 PM
barefoot1313
Tourer

i can remember when i was th one on th yamaha,never have had anyone say a word to me (other than th usual ribbing) about what i rode. and i will nevr down someone else either.sometimes its just th way that it is ,sometimes its preference.doesnt matter to me.i was told a long time ago by one a my old ridin buddies,theres two kinds a bikers,them as ride harleys , and them at wish they did!!!

Old 09-09-2007, 09:03 PM
ironhorselady
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice people can have poor taste--nasty people can have good taste. And you can switch it all around! Joking! No Harley snob here. . .some of my favorite people ride other stuff. Makes no difference to me. . .two wheels are just fun.H-D is just the best fun

Old 09-09-2007, 09:37 PM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,795 Likes on 1,672 Posts

"You meet the nicest people on a Honda", but I would rather ride my Heritage Classic.

Old 09-09-2007, 11:02 PM
goodbirds
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

My best friend just bought a Kawasaki Nomad. Nice bike. I am happy for him. Just what he wanted and since he is paying the tariff, it is he who deserves satisfaction. When I was much younger, I was pretty boneheaded about other bikes and riding with them. Now I know it is the element not the machine that knits us together.

Old 09-09-2007, 11:37 PM
TexasRanger
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll ride with anybody that's not a dumba$$. I don't care what they ride, it truly makes no difference to me....

Old 09-10-2007, 12:09 AM
Monzie
Tourer

ORIGINAL: TexasRanger

I'll ride with anybody that's not a dumba$$. I don't care what they ride, it truly makes no difference to me....
I'm with TexasRanger, as long as you are not stupid i'll ride with anybody. I only have two guys here that have Harley's that I ride with regular. But, being in Japan the metrics far out weigh the HD's.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:20 AM
fj4069
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ridden sport bikes ever since i moved out and my moms couldn't tell me not too.only had the harley for 2 years now so i'm always riding with my friends that still have sportbikes. sometimes we swap bikes. there are some good people riding sportbikes and some a-holes riding harleys and vice-versa. don't care what people ride, as long as they are decent human beings.

Quick Reply: learned a lesson today