General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance and Hines Quiet Baffles

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 12:47 PM
Cornel
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Vance and Hines Quiet Baffles

Can the V&H Quiet Baffles be installed withoutremoving the exhaust system form the bike? I installedthe V&H Big Shots Staggered exhaust on my 2008 Lowrider, but it's a little too loud for my ears. I think the Quiet Baffles will do the trick, but I'm wondering if they can be installed without removing the exhaust from the bike.

Thanks

Old 09-27-2007, 01:25 PM
Tnicean
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Vance and Hines Quiet Baffles

Sometimes yes. I have a 2002 Heritage and I was able to get to the screws that hold the tips on and the screws that hold the baffles on without removing the exhaust and without removing the heat sheilds. If you can see the allen head screws you need to take out, you can probably do it without removing the exhaust. It took me less than 30 minutes to change mine and I was pleased with the sound with the quiet baffles.
Tnicean

Old 09-27-2007, 02:29 PM
Rides2007Harley
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Tnicean

Sometimes yes. I have a 2002 Heritage and I was able to get to the screws that hold the tips on and the screws that hold the baffles on without removing the exhaust and without removing the heat sheilds. If you can see the allen head screws you need to take out, you can probably do it without removing the exhaust. It took me less than 30 minutes to change mine and I was pleased with the sound with the quiet baffles.
Tnicean
Did it drastically change the sound of the pipes? I have the slip-ons on my Dyna Screamin Eagle and they are a little loud.

Old 09-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Lost Again
Advanced

I installed the quiet baffles on my '05 Fat Boy without removing the entire pipe. The quiet baffles will mostly just change the tone not the volume. Before the baffles it sounded ratty and race car like. After the baffles it sounds like more of a loud rumble. I like it alot better.
When installing them be very carefull not to get them in too far, they are very difficult to pull backwards.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:31 PM
ladodgerdog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't forget to remap your fuelpak or other fuel management system when you change your baffles to quiet ones. You are going to have a lot more back pressure and must adjust for it.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:20 PM
4Goose
5th Gear

Cornel
It is pretty straight forward. Just remove the tips and then the baffles. I do not think you have to remove the whole exhaust system. Ladodgerdog is right about the remap for your EFI because you are going to have a little more back pressure.

lost Again
Did you notice any differnce in performance on the low end or on the top end.My neighbors were thinking of buying me a set for Christmas so they can sleep in the morning(LOL).
Goose

Old 09-27-2007, 10:07 PM
ddog
Advanced

Didnt have to remove the pipes on my SS slipons.Still plenty of sound/volume when you hit it. I'm very happy with the quiet baffles.

Old 09-28-2007, 02:08 PM
Lost Again
Advanced

ORIGINAL: 4Goose

lost Again
Did you notice any differnce in performance on the low end or on the top end.My neighbors were thinking of buying me a set for Christmas so they can sleep in the morning(LOL).
Goose
Better performance in the low end. Can't really say for the top end.