General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Single Seat and Over Fender Saddle Bags?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 06:50 PM
Aroberts
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Single Seat and Over Fender Saddle Bags?

I posted this in the Dyna Section but I should have posted it here because it is a general Harley question. If someone can let me know how to delete that thread I would be happy too.

Ok, I have a 02 WG. I just got a corbin hollywood. My plan was to remove the saddle bags and just go with a backpack but the bags have been on the bike since it was new with no protection on top of the fender so it looks like *** with the bags off. What are my options for covering the leather strip that goes over my fender? A fender bib maybe(will it go over the saddle bag leather over my fender)? I am just looking for cheap easy to uninstall options so when the lady wants to ride its a 2 min change to the dual seat.

What do you guys with single seats and saddle bags do? Do you have saddle bags that don't lap over the fender? I don't want to have to buy new saddle bags.

Thanks

Old 10-02-2007, 06:58 PM
madelf
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Single Seat and Over Fender Saddle Bags?

I just have the saddlebags thrown over the fender, right there for anyone to see. There's a Motherwell rack on top, but that doesn't hide them any.

A fender bib isn't a bad idea - itcould hide the ties holding the yokes together and clean the look up a bit. Might have to think on that.