General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Owners Group..

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 05:15 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Harley Owners Group..

YIPEEE!!!!! my HOG TALES magazine came today. great reading.

can't wait for the TEXAS HOG Rally in May '08.

Old 10-27-2007, 06:42 PM
sugarbear
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are so many post I don't have time to read themall. Some of the benefits are discount on parts and labor and the other stuff people have mentioned. If you are joining for what you can get out of it you probably are wasting your time. I belong because we support an orphange and take the kids gifts every year, we vist the veterans home around veterans day every year, we have poker runs for needy causes, and I could go on and on. So if you are joining for what it can do for you, you're probably in the wrong place, but I will stay a member.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:42 PM
Greybeardrider
Road Warrior

I joined the national HOG, and have used the road assistance more than once. It's worth it , IMO.
My wife and I always planned to join the local, but then she got really sick, and we just didn't. After she passed away, I joined the local chapter, and after a few meetings and rides, it was apparent there was a clique of "couples", and I never felt really welcomed into the group.I haven't been to a meeting in several months, and won't renew.
Not saying they're good, or bad, just not for me. I'm more comfortable with a small group or riding solo.

Old 10-28-2007, 05:26 AM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

You need to go to one of the HOG metings and listen to them complain and brag all in one breath. That will cure you forever.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:01 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

ORIGINAL: ccmd2b

So are all you guys members of the Harley Owners Group? Just wondering what the general opinion was regarding the membership and what it can offer.

Thanks,
CC
I have been a HOG member since 1995 and find that I enjoy some of the events as well as meeting new people. HOG also offers towing and some other perks that could come in handy considering how much I travel on the bike.

HOG is not for everyone, but it would be worth your time as a new rider to join and form your own opinion. You will meet people that are like minded and will probably make some new friends. If you find in a year that it is not for you, just don't renew your membership.

Bill

Old 10-28-2007, 10:22 AM
Gunkholes
Road Captain

I agree -- it's a good idea to attend at least one meeting before you form any opinions, especially opinions based solely on the posts on this forum. The HOG groups vary widely, and, as with life, there is the bad and the good. Some are more active than others, and many have safety programs conducted by motor LEOs, as does ours. Our local group is a great bunch, and I've never experienced any of the complaints I've seen posted here. That, and the free sponsorship from the dealer has enhanced my riding experiences, as well as provided the opportunity to meet new friends. I also get a "warm fuzzy" from the charitable work in which the group participates. HOG isn't for everyone, and I respect the opinion of those that choose not to participate. (I also frequently choose to ride alone or with just my bride, as well.) I do, however, enjoy the camaraderie of the group functions, including get-togethers with other groups from the area, as well as the occasional hook-up with groups from other parts of the nation.

Is this a great country or what...?

ORIGINAL: badwhine

You need to go to one of the HOG metings and listen to them complain and brag all in one breath. That will cure you forever.