General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad dealer posts!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 12:47 AM
lilmike9
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad dealer posts!!!

I just read the bad dealer posts and must say I never realized how many first time H-D owners here want every one to believe that there long time riders. BULLSH**T!! I'm a service writer for H-D and am amazed at all crap I'm reading. Now I'm not saying the bad experiences are not fact cause even as an employee Ive had them, but some of the stuff I'm hearing is just plan made up or maybe said "Rider" has a bruised ego because he/she chooses to be ignorant to the product and or the way warranty /esp works.
They wont void your warranty if they you don't want them to do a recall like the rocker box guy. And cd doors just dont fall off/you know who you are.
Why do people think that they've been raised to a new level just because they buy a Harley? Will it make you cool ? Only in your head. All dealerships are in competition with one another. Just because we have the same sign out front dose not mean anything and that's why some dealers offer different services then others, like pick ups, deliveries, drive in appointments, scheduled appointments. And if you think one of the technicians are going to call you, think again that's what the service advisor is for. You new bees think that your new bike comes with no hassles or problems, boy were you wrong. We know when someone messes something up then claims it's warranty, give me a break. No one is perfect even H-D and there employees and yes there are many ignorant employees out there but if you educate your self on your ride odds of having agood experience are better. And if you don't even know what yourtire presser should be or where the oil goes you should not be on a bike in the first place. I know what riding does for me and looking cool was not the reason I started riding unlike many here. Learn your bike, give her a name, read your warranty paper work, get a service manual and stop crying because you choose not to educate your self. And one last thing, if it says Harley Davidson its going to be expensive but we all know that SO STOP CRYING OR GO METRIC!!!

Old 11-18-2007, 01:00 AM
Telly03
Cruiser
Default RE: Bad dealer posts!!!

Your a HD employee? LOL you have the attitude everyone complains about... how ironic. I'm pretty sure you'll never have the spokesman job. Please do yourself a favor and do not tell your boss that you posted this crap.

Old 11-18-2007, 01:52 AM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just read the bad dealer posts and must say I never realized how many first time H-D owners here want every one to believe that there long time riders. BULLSH**T!! I'm a service writer for H-D and am amazed at all crap I'm reading. Now I'm not saying the bad experiences are not fact cause even as an employee Ive had them, but some of the stuff I'm hearing is just plan made up or maybe said "Rider" has a bruised ego because he/she chooses to be ignorant to the product and or the way warranty /esp works.
They wont void your warranty if they you don't want them to do a recall like the rocker box guy. And cd doors just dont fall off/you know who you are.
Why do people think that they've been raised to a new level just because they buy a Harley? Will it make you cool ? Only in your head. All dealerships are in competition with one another. Just because we have the same sign out front dose not mean anything and that's why some dealers offer different services then others, like pick ups, deliveries, drive in appointments, scheduled appointments. And if you think one of the technicians are going to call you, think again that's what the service advisor is for. You new bees think that your new bike comes with no hassles or problems, boy were you wrong. We know when someone messes something up then claims it's warranty, give me a break. No one is perfect even H-D and there employees and yes there are many ignorant employees out there but if you educate your self on your ride odds of having agood experience are better. And if you don't even know what yourtire presser should be or where the oil goes you should not be on a bike in the first place. I know what riding does for me and looking cool was not the reason I started riding unlike many here. Learn your bike, give her a name, read your warranty paper work, get a service manual and stop crying because you choose not to educate your self. And one last thing, if it says Harley Davidson its going to be expensive but we all know that SO STOP CRYING OR GO METRIC!!!
I find it very difficult to take people who can't manage to assemble a single post that isn't full of spelling and punctuation errors seriously.
Apparently this is proof ANYONE can be a Harley Davidson Service writer, but thanks for coming.

CN

Old 11-18-2007, 01:57 AM
cbigbie191
Road Master

Your the a@@ h@l$ we are complaining about. Sounds like you have the perfect job for your attitude. Now go away.

Old 11-18-2007, 01:59 AM
Cwboyscooby
Tourer

ORIGINAL: lilmike9

SO STOP CRYING OR GO METRIC!!!
Um.... You are the reason some Harley riders are going metric.

Who pissed in your wheaties?

What makes you think that beacuse your shirt sais "Harley" that you are entitled to look down upon any customer or any other dealer for that matter? Just the fact that you mentioned "go metric" implies that some people aren't good enough to ride your precious bikes...

I rode for a long time on other bikes. Some because I liked them better, some because I couldn't afford a Harley. I have never heard a Cheavy dealer say that he can't believe someone isn't an experienced driver since they never owned a Chevy.... WTF?

I have spent many years as a service manager in the auto industry (before getting into law enforcement), and would have fired a service writer with your attitude in a New York second...... Just wait.... It'll come.

Old 11-18-2007, 02:15 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah....totally out of line.
I worked ata Harley dealership awhile back....and you need an attitude adjustment.
I didn't treat my customers that way.............

"go buy a metric"......maybe you should go sell metrics..........

Old 11-18-2007, 03:08 AM
ebeattie
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts

I can see your point dude, but honestly there are things that really get my goat. Having a service writer tell me a I need a dyno tune to fix my bike, when all it was was an idle air screw that backed out is rediculous.

Now, Im not saying all things that I may do to my bike will be covered by warrenty. I AM saying that I know the difference between f'ing with your ride and **** happening.

I hold 4 ASE certifications, and 15 Lexus certifications. Meaning? I know a drivability issue when I see one. Yes, I used a SERT to tune my bike for my pipes and stage one intake. No, I dont believe a precanned map that I modified to run a little rich will after 3 months of great hassel-free use all of a sudden cause my idle to sky rocket.

You seem to have a decent ehad on your shoulders and yes a WHOLE HELL OF ALOT of things people gripe about on here are just that; GRIPES. But when the perdominant attitude at an HD service dept is... oh... well that doesnt "seem" stock or you made it a tad different so you dont melt your pistons so therefore YOUR gonna pay... sorry not cool. If I lay down my bike and rip a floor board off, and yall say no way, your not going to get that covered, yeah I agree. but trying to bullshit someone who is IN the industry aint cool. Was it you personally, no I doubt it. But there are COUNTLESS service writers bike and auto that try to diagnose the customers problems on the service drive when the only person who ashould be making a diag call on something is the TECHNICIAN.

As a tech I am more than happy to talk to or call back a customer with a concern. They are the ones paying a boatload of money for the car/bike and repair. even warrenty items can rattle a customer. Its my job as the guy with the tools and training to either directly or indirectly make THAT customer feel secure that THEIR concern, if legit, is addressed correctly.

I guess Im saying there are customers who expect the world from a place and sometimes it isnt justified. sometimes it is. In ANY event, that customer should ALWAYS be treated with nothing but respect, and NOTHING but understanding and doing your best as the DEALER rep in addition to the BRAND rep that is directly dealing with that customer should be given.

And one last thing...PLEASE DONT DIAG ON THE SERVICE DRIVE! LET YOUR TECHS DO THAT!

Old 11-18-2007, 04:12 AM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: ebeattie
And one last thing...PLEASE DONT DIAG ON THE SERVICE DRIVE! LET YOUR TECHS DO THAT!
AMEN Brother... I had a Service writer tell me that the only thing wrong with my CB radio was that I had teh Microphone Volume turned up too high...Unfortunatly for him...I KNOW that there is no such adjustment that the customer can make. The Tech...after4 visits, finally tested the damn thing to find that the entire CB module was bad, and needed to be replaced. Service writer says, sorry, your warrenty expitred last week, that'll be 1400.00.

My Response...and I quote what I said.." Look Asswipe! I hjave had you write up the problem 4 times BEFORE the warrenty expired. Its on all the paperwork, and I KEEP copies of all of them, and you WILL fix it under warrenty, cause I told you it was bad months ago, anbd you didn't do anything to fix the damn thing."

I had to finally go up to the store General Manager, took all the papers with me, and his response? "It will be fixed TODAY! no charge"and it was...

In my case, the service writer SUCKED, and the Tech was just too damned lazy to do his job and test the unit the first time I brought it in. No wondewr Dealerships have such a bad reputation, No one wants to do thier job. I'd be fired from my job if I acted like that.

Old 11-18-2007, 04:39 AM
Chopperz
Outstanding HDF Member

YOU POOR BIOTCH! You say "there are many ignorant employees" and cry "Bullshlt" all in the same story. Stop contradicting yourself you dumb shlt.

Old 11-18-2007, 04:47 AM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: lilmike9

I just read the bad dealer posts and must say I never realized how many first time H-D owners here want every one to believe that there long time riders. BULLSH**T!! I'm a service writer for H-D and am amazed at all crap I'm reading.

You new bees think that your new bike comes with no hassles or problems, boy were you wrong.

Now I'm not saying the bad experiences are not fact cause even as an employee Ive had them, but some of the stuff I'm hearing is just plan made up or maybe said "Rider" has a bruised ego because he/she chooses to be ignorant to the product and or the way warranty /esp works.
You new bees think that your new bike comes with no hassles or problems, boy were you wrong.

SO STOP CRYING OR GO METRIC!!!
Very nice post for such a new member,,, a new bike shouldn't be a hassle or have a problem I would think, would you want to buy a new car with a hassle or a problem,,, you contradict yourself on a few points, maybe you should start off here a little different,, instead of trying to get folks tee'd off in such a hurry,, weren't you a new-bee rider at one time,,,almost makes you're think your just stirring the pot here.[sm=confused06.gif]

Quick Reply: Bad dealer posts!!!