General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BEWARE OF LARK TRAILERS! JUNK

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 06:40 PM
tobyhd1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BEWARE OF LARK TRAILERS! JUNK

Smoke and mirrors.They`re making the smooth side panels like the travel trailers.On the trailer in question,did you leave a vent open somewhere so the trailer could breathe?Not making excuses for them.Definitely poor quality on the inside.The techs. were probably on the forums all that day and decided to leave out every other screw to keep the panels down and still get home on time.Toby

Old 12-15-2007, 07:09 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 64 Posts

$4500 and no warranty?Something is wrong.How about the trailer sales place you bought it from,wont stand behind the junk they sell?
Take them (lark)to small claims court.

Old 12-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Dorkman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 1FLTRI4ME

$4500 and no warranty?Something is wrong.How about the trailer sales place you bought it from,wont stand behind the junk they sell?
Take them (lark)to small claims court.
Looks like a good approach. Small claims court might get their attention. If not, maybe rebuild the inside to your satisfaction...shelves, bins, tiedowns, etc.

Old 12-15-2007, 07:47 PM
IcemanVA
Cruiser

Damn, thats alot of cash to spend on something with no warranty. If the dealer doesn't stand behind it that is a huge red flag on the workmanship.
That sux dude.

Old 12-15-2007, 07:52 PM
impala
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The first thing that comes to mind is a water leak. Dry plywood I dont think warps.
I would look into a water leak causing high humidity and warpage.
That might be covered under warranty.
Good luck.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:42 PM
Psycho
Road Master

ORIGINAL: djpullen

Dummy, trailers are for boats!!! Ha, can't believe someone hasn't posted a smartazzed comment like that yet. I have no plans on buying a trailer but I do read these types of threads with interest for future reference for future purchases.

I work in the semi trailer business and some of our trailers are lined with 1/4" plywood. I for one can't understand why anyone would want it but customers order them that way.
Weight.

Old 12-15-2007, 09:52 PM
djpullen
Advanced

I understand the weight issue but the 1/4" ply is so thin that it is practically useless. After a few forktrucks run in and out of it with some skids, there won't be anything left of the plywood. That is such an issue for some customers that we build trailers that the bottom 18" or so of the wall is about 5/16" aluminum the whole length of the trailer. The plywood goes in trailers that are made out of aluminum sides with posts. Ever heard of duraplate? That stuff is 3/8" thick with no posts for the entire 53' of sidewall. The inside with of the trailer is only 3/4" narrower than the outside of it.

Old 12-15-2007, 10:08 PM
YEFFRO12
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: 98rdking

Well, the color gives away why I bought it. You see what it got me though.

Find the holes and re-deck it. I know it shouldn't need it after spending that loot, but it does look damn good on the outside. I'd fix it up right.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:52 AM
98rdking
Cruiser

I leave both front and rear vents open so it can breath. It has not been humid here at all. In fact we have been in a severe drought. The trailer sales place says its the factory's responsibility to warranty. When I bought it they told us if there was a warranty issue they would come repair it onsite or carry it back to the factory. When I contacted the factorythey told me after 6 weeks and worrying them to death to bring it to them. Its 8 hours one way. At first they told me to screw some more screws in it. I told the idot warranty manager the dry wood would split. OH yeah he did tell me not to run the screws out of the sides. I told him to F**K Off.The inside plywood has no water rings from ever being wet. For what its worth, I reported them to the BBB. I hope none of you make the same mistake and buy one of these POS trailers. Just trying to save someone else the grief. As part of my winter projects, I was going to paint and add cabnets, no I have to redo there crap first. Never again.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:50 AM
High Gear
Outstanding HDF Member

Boy thats a crummy deal . I wonder if they get there plywood from the same place asHome Depot .

Seriously , I recently noticed plywood stamped made in China at Home depot. So now we're importing plywood WTF. You have to wonder about the glue quality I would think .

Could be an interior rated glue regardless of Manufacturer

Oh Yeah heres there e-mail address if anyone wants to wish them a Merry Christmas

sales@larkunited.com

Quick Reply: BEWARE OF LARK TRAILERS! JUNK