General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have I said .....

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 10:52 AM
Bluerose
Default Have I said .....

I love my new bike!!!!

Went on a H.O.G. Ride yesterday up in the Santa Monica Mountians. A group of about 20 Ultras/Classics and about 3 - 5 other types of bikes (not sure why we didn't have more) hit the twisties hard.

The roads were tight and bit rough but just a joy to ride on the new bike. Hubby said he was scraping his VTX floor boards so much on the rougher sections of road he thought they were going rip off! Not me I was riding easy as can be but trying to be careful tokeep the engine at a good RPM for breakin.

I still maintain that this bike is actually more nimble then the Deluxe was...it's seriously weird that it actaully feels lighter. The only thing that still throws me is that I can't see the front fender...worst part is the parking in the garage (we park in a tight area and I have to get close). I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Got to use the CB yesterday...can't wait to get hubby hooked up. Need to get a second headseat for the daughter too.

Seriously I'm still getting used to the big bike look but I couldn' be happier with the ride....so far my back loves it but I find I do sit different so my mid section is feeling the use of those muscles .... maybe it is my current seating position which needs a bit of alteration.

Don't get me wrong the Deluxe was a fine bike....but I'm loving my new baby.....!!!!!!

Old 12-23-2007, 10:57 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Have I said .....

Sounds great Beverly. It always feels good to make the right move !!

Old 12-23-2007, 11:07 AM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hopefully Santa will find you a backrest. You can't imagine what a difference it makes

Old 12-23-2007, 11:12 AM
mattw275
Cruiser

Happy for you blue, I'm kiind of amazed to hear there is that much difference between softail and tourer...

Old 12-23-2007, 11:34 AM
Keystone
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The FLH platform is a better handling platform that the Softail Bev. No doubt about it.

For the intercome headset look at the ones that Sierra carries.

Old 12-23-2007, 01:41 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: Tinkermc

Hopefully Santa will find you a backrest. You can't imagine what a difference it makes
HAve an adjustible one on order...Need to get the seat adjusted a bit too...

Old 12-23-2007, 04:06 PM
MCSarge
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 446 Likes on 309 Posts

The touring bikes have a different rake and trail than the softtails and dyna's so they have a more stable feeling when they're loaded. It really helps them get around turns when there empty too. I don't have that stretched out feeling on my RK that I feel on the sportys and softtails. (Maybe it's just me but take it for what it's worth.) But I can throw my RK around and be more comfortable than when I try it on my friends Sportster.

Old 12-23-2007, 04:26 PM
Sam
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Bluerose

I love my new bike!!!!

Went on a H.O.G. Ride yesterday up in the Santa Monica Mountians. A group of about 20 Ultras/Classics and about 3 - 5 other types of bikes (not sure why we didn't have more) hit the twisties hard................
I shoveled ice and snow off my deck yesterday...............I'm really starting to not like you very much

Glad you're enjoying the bike so much Bev................Have a "Great Christmas"

Old 12-23-2007, 05:03 PM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Sam

ORIGINAL: Bluerose

I love my new bike!!!!

Went on a H.O.G. Ride yesterday up in the Santa Monica Mountians. A group of about 20 Ultras/Classics and about 3 - 5 other types of bikes (not sure why we didn't have more) hit the twisties hard................
I shoveled ice and snow off my deck yesterday...............I'm really starting to not like you very much

Glad you're enjoying the bike so much Bev................Have a "Great Christmas"

Yeah I shoveled the same stuff too.......................Sick of this. I want I need to ride.

Blue Rose, sounds like you got the perfect bike, glad for you. And you will get the parking down in no time.

Old 12-23-2007, 06:58 PM
JohnC88
Tourer

OK, I'll bite. How did your husband's VTX be allowed on a HOG ride? Around here HOG rides are for HD bikes only. They don't let other brands ride.

Quick Reply: Have I said .....