General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD Dealers and Experiences

Old 01-19-2006, 07:14 PM
thesmithiz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BAD Dealers and Experiences

I have to second the wow post.........they are part of 3 (soon to be 4) HD dealers in the Tampa Bay area. I bought 2 bikes so far from Tampa HD, got treated great trading number 1 for rnumber 2 and every time I go there always treated well. I will say that when I go there my sales guy always shows me the new bikes that came in etc.. but that is his job!
ORIGINAL: molsenice

Gulf Coast Harley
New Port Richey FL.
My mother lives in Hudson and have been at Gulf Coast Harley a few times while visiting (The bikini-bike wash in my signature was at that dealership as a matter of fact). Anyway it seems like they are more interested in selling you a new bike rather then help you with the one you have.
wow - I visited this dealership while on vacation - I had just picked up my bike back in July of 04 (not from them) ad I had to go on a planned vacation for 2 wks without it! - these folks were awsome - told them I was just passin through and the wife and kids were in the car - a sales lady brought coffe out to my wife and invited them in - kids were set up with t-shirts and quarters for the vidieo games - wife and I spent about an hour talking with just about everyone, even some of the mechanics - made arrangments to go for a ride with one of the sales ladies as she visits Batavia in western NY - I live in upstate NY - never managed to hook up for the ride as the machine I had was never running this year but will join her and her husband next year - I still remember her custom plate "MY401K" - cool people - my experiance.

They even helped me pick out some of the first add ons (back rest parts and stage 1 mods) - sent me off with all the part numbers for my dealerhip to have an easy time setting me up - I feel they wet way out of their way for me

Old 01-19-2006, 11:41 PM
AR4CE
Cruiser

I won't go back to Boston HD

Old 01-21-2006, 01:04 AM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 147 Likes on 41 Posts

Maroneys HD in Newburgh NY.

The pitts for service department, don't care how much you spend there, will still not give you decent service with out an attitude and even do it right to top it all off. Very bad attitude.

Sales personnel are the best, that's all I can say.

The following users liked this post:
Supasoof (05-24-2019)
Old 01-22-2006, 05:43 PM
U-Turn
Advanced

Any one out there have any experiences buying from dealers in the Province of Manitoba, Canada???

Old 01-22-2006, 08:37 PM
Dustyf
Cruiser

Not Manitoba but I have had dealings with Prairie Motorcycle in Regina, Saskatchewan. What a bunch of great guys the are.

Dustyf

Old 01-22-2006, 09:28 PM
SCS
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

My wife and I were taking our first long ride with our new 06 Ultra Classic to Ocean City MD. I noticed that my air shocks on my suspension needed a little more air pressure and pulled into the Ocean City Harley Davidson Dealership. When I approached the service department to ask them if I could just BORROW their hand pump and put in about 5 more pounds of air, the guy sitting down with his feet up on the counter told me to "wait a minute". When he returned with the service manager they informed me they were too busy to help and if I wanted I could make an appointment to get the 2 minute service I needed done. I own the $40.00 hand pump needed for this job but as luck would have it I left it at the house. This dealership also has its very own TV show in the area where they talk about what it's like to be in the "Harley" family. The Harley family I know and love would never treat people like this.

The following 3 users liked this post by SCS:
Ceez (12-02-2020), OutlawFC222 (08-02-2022), skypeace (11-08-2018)
Old 01-22-2006, 11:19 PM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TCSTD

Lets list the dealers that have given poor customer service or have given you a bad dealing with something that you would not give a recommendation to a friend.

Include their location too...

Keep it honest and to the point...

No name calling either

Steeler dealer website ...HERE
Buffalo Harley Davidson....nuff said.

Old 01-23-2006, 10:07 AM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: TCSTD

Maroneys HD in Newburgh NY.

The pitts for service department, don't care how much you spend there, will still not give you decent service with out an attitude and even do it right to top it all off. Very bad attitude.

Sales personnel are the best, that's all I can say.

Hey TC,

Just curious on what the problem was a Moroney's? I bought my last new bike there in '04, had my big bore done there last year and have always been treated with courtesy. Just thought I'd ask if it was a one time visit or you've had multiple poor experiences.

Gary

Old 01-23-2006, 04:54 PM
LTrain
Road Master

I can tell you my '05 had zero miles when I picked it out, and 5 when I picked it up (which I found reasonable to burn 5 miles in "prepping it") 113?!? I hope they wore a condom!

ORIGINAL: ultracp

Gengras Harley in Hartford, CT likes to sell their Demo bikes as brand new. When you confront them, they try to tell you that HD tests the bikes in WI and that's why you have 113 miles and the bike is dirty. Gengras owns a lot of car dearlerships and he runs his HD dearlership the same way. I think thay have one of the best parts departments but service and sales get a F-. HD should take the dealership away from him.

Old 01-23-2006, 05:17 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: LTrain

I can tell you my '05 had zero miles when I picked it out, and 5 when I picked it up (which I found reasonable to burn 5 miles in "prepping it") 113?!? I hope they wore a condom!

ORIGINAL: ultracp

Gengras Harley in Hartford, CT likes to sell their Demo bikes as brand new. When you confront them, they try to tell you that HD tests the bikes in WI and that's why you have 113 miles and the bike is dirty. Gengras owns a lot of car dearlerships and he runs his HD dearlership the same way. I think thay have one of the best parts departments but service and sales get a F-. HD should take the dealership away from him.
Everyone should know that is a load of B.S. After visiting the York factory on occasion the only "testing" they do is to ride them on a machine not unlike a dyno where the rear wheel spins on rollers and the bike stays stationary. They run the bikes up to about 75 to check for leaks and vibrations and then they're shut down. If anyone took a new bike I was interested in on a 113 mile "test ride" the bike had better come with a used price on it. Test drives, like rentals can include a real beating on a new motor.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BAD Dealers and Experiences