General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sponsor: Big Boyz Head Porting Service

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 03:55 PM
Fandango6
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sponsor: Big Boyz Head Porting Service

Just wondering if anyone has used Big Boyz Head Porting Service, The link to their web page is "Street Heads"

Old 01-20-2006, 08:59 PM
springer_
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Sponsor: Big Boyz Head Porting Service

ORIGINAL: Fandango6

Just wondering if anyone has used Big Boyz Head Porting Service, The link to their web page is "Street Heads"
Hi Fandago6

Bean has been advertising to the general public for a little over a year now, but has been porting Harley heads for over 16 years. He originally started advertising on eBay, auctioning his services. That was so well received we started looking for other online services to advertise. In March of 2005, I found an online forum and suggested Bean start advertising with them along with eBay. After a few months participation I was given an opportunity to become a moderator with that site. Being a moderator lends itself to making a few enemies. I have one that follows me around and bad mouths me and Big Boyz every chance he gets. The last 10 months of satisfied customers on that forum allowed Big Boyz to look for new advertising venues. The HDForums.com site is the perfect next step for Big Boyz Heads.

I am not sure who, on this forum, are currently using Big Boyz Heads. But I would be more than happy to PM you links to testimonials from members on other forums about Big Boyz Heads. Additionally, Feel free to checkout Beans eBay feedback. Here's the link

Please feel free to call and speak with Bean.
207-621-1001 WEEKDAYS at the Bike Shop
207-621-8089 EVES at the Port Shop

Old 01-21-2006, 06:53 PM
Ironrdr
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sponsor: Big Boyz Head Porting Service

I had Bean at Big Boyz port a set of heads for me. I have nothing but good things to say about his work and knowledge.

My first contact with Big Boyz was seeing their sponsorship on another forum. Being in the market for an upgrade to my engine, their service peaked my intrest, along with other head porting services. After a few weeks of comparisons I called Big Boyz and had a lenghty conversation with Bean. One of the most impressive things in talking to him was that he did not push his work as being better than anyone elses. He talked me through what his porting process was, what it cost, what other services he provided and what I could expect with use of his head porting. The utmost point he made was that tuning would be what made any engine work really shine, and being that tuning is what maximizes the performance of his work.

Well, after talking with him and going over what I wanted for my ride, my riding style and some general questions, I decided to go with his services. I bought an extra set of heads off of e-bay and had them shipped directly to him. A few e-mails back and forth and a couple of weeks later I had my heads. Bean had put in the upgraded '05 seals, CC'd my heads to figure final compression, included new exhaust seals, supplied me with new head gaskets and suggested other components that would compliment my build. He was never more than an e-mail or phone call away if I had any questions on what I should expect for each component, or what parts I would need to complete my engine.

After completing my build and breaking it in, I had it dyno tuned. Now is where Bean's advice rang true. Tuning is what will make his work shine. I have an acceptable tune and my bike makes 91.2hp and 99.9 ftlbs torque. This is with an acceptable tune. A proper tune my bike should make in the area of 96/105.

My Components:
Stock heads, ported by Bean
SE Quick Adjust Pushrods
SE High Compression Cast Pistons
.030 Cometic Squish Gasket (9.9:1 CR)
SE 95" Cylinders
Andrews 37G
Woods 2 degree Advance Key
Baisley Spring
SE Clutch Spring
V&H Pro-Pipe HS
SERT

Give Bean a call, I'm sure he'd be glad to tell you what his service is all about.

* Just a clarification, I paid for the CC-ing of my heads and the head gaskets, this is not included in the $299.