General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Free advertising for the dealer

Old 03-19-2008, 09:16 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Free advertising for the dealer

Maybe I do not want to advertise for a dealer but since every dealer I know of has their name plastered on the backs of every t-shirt in their store if I want a t with HD logo or association I have to do some advertising for them, and it sucks. I want HD shirts without dealer names on them, especially for the thieving prices they are asking. $25 fee to advertise for the crooks, BS. If anyone has a link to any HD shirts without dealers sh*t on them please pass it along.

[IMG]local://upfiles/52705/AA2E67EDC83A4E0A97DA523307E48C31.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-19-2008, 09:55 PM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Free advertising for the dealer

I think for them to sell it, it has to have their name on the back. But you can buy HD clothes on line direct from HD and it won't have any dealership name on it. I don't think there's as big a selection direct from HD though.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:10 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, I'm gonna go to that dealer just because I saw a guy wearing his t-shirt. Yeah. Good advertising ploy because I never would have gone to a Harley dealer if I hadn't seen that t-shirt. Oh, wait, his shirt says its some dealer in some part of the country I can't even pronounce. I guess I won't go after all.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:20 PM
Bluetoys
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeesh.....
what a load of boo hooing BS.
most of us go to the dealers to get the shirts that say which shops we have visited. I wear my Battlefield HD with pride because I was there, I stopped in and looked around and bought a shirt to be a reminder of that part of my trip. When people ask about it, I can say I have been there, and that I went to the Gettysburg sites to see where the war was fought.
Another fun part of that trip was visiting the York factory. It was cool to see where they are made, and that shirt has the factory logo and location on it.
Just last friday, a guy I know saw my Beaver Falls, PA HD shirt and we had a great chat about how he was going to see his brother that lives out there. It made my day to hang out with another HD guy and swap stories.
I have many shirts like that. I bought one on ebay that I liked the front design- it is from a dealer in TX, that is one I have that I have not visited.
To me they are a way of showing pride in my interest in HDs, they are benchmarks to my travels, and sometimes I get to meet some great people when they ask about my shirt and if I had been there.
Another dealer shirt I have is of a good dealer that is no longer around, they got old and sold out to a new owner that changed the name. Now I have a piece of history that won't ever be again. kinda like wearing a football team's shirt after it has moved to a different city, it grandfathers your bragging rights. Like wearing a #8 Jr/bud shirt this year. Or a Kiss Destroyer concert shirt from Anaheim.
All I am saying is that you are not advertising for all those things, just that you had been a part of it.
I suppose a shirt with no logo can be found, or the dealer's name be covered or whatever, but maybe look at it as a reminder of where you have been and just be proud of the idea that you are a part of something that not all people understand.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:20 PM
Trey Hogger
Road Master

I never cared about the dealers name on my shirt - only shows I was there, cause I've never gotten one without stopping in live - cept for the one my wife got me from Can Cun, and I actually don't wear that one. Kinda out of the mood to wear Harley shirts the last couple years anyway.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:54 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Bluetoys

Jeesh.....
what a load of boo hooing BS.
most of us go to the dealers to get the shirts that say which shops we have visited. I wear my Battlefield HD with pride because I was there, I stopped in and looked around and bought a shirt to be a reminder of that part of my trip. When people ask about it, I can say I have been there, and that I went to the Gettysburg sites to see where the war was fought.
Another fun part of that trip was visiting the York factory. It was cool to see where they are made, and that shirt has the factory logo and location on it.
Just last friday, a guy I know saw my Beaver Falls, PA HD shirt and we had a great chat about how he was going to see his brother that lives out there. It made my day to hang out with another HD guy and swap stories.
I have many shirts like that. I bought one on ebay that I liked the front design- it is from a dealer in TX, that is one I have that I have not visited.
To me they are a way of showing pride in my interest in HDs, they are benchmarks to my travels, and sometimes I get to meet some great people when they ask about my shirt and if I had been there.
Another dealer shirt I have is of a good dealer that is no longer around, they got old and sold out to a new owner that changed the name. Now I have a piece of history that won't ever be again. kinda like wearing a football team's shirt after it has moved to a different city, it grandfathers your bragging rights. Like wearing a #8 Jr/bud shirt this year. Or a Kiss Destroyer concert shirt from Anaheim.
All I am saying is that you are not advertising for all those things, just that you had been a part of it.
I suppose a shirt with no logo can be found, or the dealer's name be covered or whatever, but maybe look at it as a reminder of where you have been and just be proud of the idea that you are a part of something that not all people understand.

Might be fine for you, since you travel and get them from all over. But i'm talking about local. They could have a selection without their sh*t on them and some with, but to have all with is just stupid and anyone buying them must be too. IMHO

[IMG]local://upfiles/52705/E8AB8CF1AE534CFF892BBF88E4E9C968.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-20-2008, 12:01 AM
Kolni
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So you don't want to promote "free advertizing" for the dealer....

but you got no problem with "free advertizing" for the company.

Hmmm.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:08 AM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Kolni

So you don't want to promote "free advertizing" for the dealer....

but you got no problem with "free advertizing" for the company.

Hmmm.
Yeah, i'm not buying them from the moco. If you're lets say a football fan and want a team jersey would it be ok if the seller had his sh*t on there too?

Old 03-20-2008, 12:11 AM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 54 Posts

Get over it. Just ride.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:19 AM
joel85
Road Captain

Maybe you should go buy a Honda. I hear they have plain shirts without dealers names. How about just not buying the HD shirts then you would not have to pay the high prices or whine online. Hell get rid of everything HD all together, obviously the lifestyle you chose is one you either can't or are unwilling to afford.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Free advertising for the dealer