General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crotch Rocket Really Pissed me off!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 08:45 PM
FatHogRider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crotch Rocket Really Pissed me off!

Just a little rant to get it off my chest, I was cruzing down a local highway going about 75. I was to the left of my lane and all the sudden their was some kid on a crotch rocket 1-2 feet away from me! He looked at me and gave me the nod to say hello and then took off weaving in and out of traffic...

It just pissed me off as I do frequently move around MY lane due to road conditions etc. It sure was a good I saw this knucklehead before I moved to not his side of the lane...

What the F%$& ??? [sm=shootshoot.gif]

Old 03-31-2008, 08:52 PM
SG Mike
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Crotch Rocket Really Pissed me off!

ORIGINAL: FatHogRider

Just a little rant to get it off my chest, I was cruzing down a local highway going about 75. I was to the left of my lane and all the sudden their was some kid on a crotch rocket 1-2 feet away from me! He looked at me and gave me the nod to say hello and then took off weaving in and out of traffic...

It just pissed me off as I do frequently move around MY lane due to road conditions etc. It sure was a good I saw this knucklehead before I moved to not his side of the lane...

What the F%$& ??? [sm=shootshoot.gif]
Glade nothing happened...The kid will get his (and it hurts me to say that about another rider).

Old 03-31-2008, 08:55 PM
real7jake
Tourer

Sorry to say, but riding like that'll bite him in the *** somewhere down the line

Old 03-31-2008, 08:57 PM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bugs me when I don't see em coming and they scream by me about 10 inches away doing 90+ and scare the **** outta me[:@][:@]![:@]

Old 03-31-2008, 09:00 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 64 Posts

These faukers will sneak up on you!
I have had this happen a few times.The most recent stunt was ,I was making a left turn in the far left turn lane.I get half way thru the turn and here comes this clown on my right side only a few feet away.
It's like you have to have eyes in the back of your head or just look at the rear veiws all the time!

Old 03-31-2008, 09:10 PM
sharkeydude
Road Master

What else is new with the Rocketeers? I think you're probably more mad that he scared the **** out of you than the fact that he was in your lane. The one thing you have to remember is, even though these bozos ride recklessly, they are very aware of their surroundings and do this all the time. Unfortunatley for them, they end up very dead because of it. I know a few of these guys and they really are good riders; they just make extremely bad choices. Extreme is what these guys live off of. I guess the thing to remember is, that they are kinda of like a punk brother you have to keep an eye on at all times. They ride by different rules than you and I. B******S!

Old 03-31-2008, 09:10 PM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think about the things I was doing when I was young and dumb. Sometimes I just look at it this way. And thenI see myself get older with more caution. I just don't heal fast any more.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:11 PM
capt42a
Road Master

I've had them buzz by me on the interstate at triple digit speeds and scare the hell out of me, and I keep a close eye on my mirrors.
capt42a

Old 03-31-2008, 09:15 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They run among us all the time, even thou many of them are great riders it is usually the newbies that try to run faster than their skills allow them to, usually you will find them wrapped around a tree, under a car, over a car or splatered all over the road...

Old 03-31-2008, 09:25 PM
CarbideDude
Tourer

Several years ago a local LEO was killed while playing on crotch rockets with his buddies. He got really close to another rider, the other rider moved towards him at the same time, then tapped every so lightly and both went down. Not sure how fast but they were on the Interstate and certainly over 70mph, but I was told by someone they were doing over 100. Left behind wife and son. His widower is my insurance agent.

This crap about getting real close needs to stop. He just threatened your life.

Quick Reply: Crotch Rocket Really Pissed me off!